Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to convince someone in an Email that they need a new website? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• redneckrodney
    Reply to 10 minutes from home
    redneckrodney
    Well, and there's always this...

Today, 05:04 AM
  • redneckrodney
    Reply to 10 minutes from home
    redneckrodney
    Oh yeah, and this...

Today, 04:48 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to A Generic Brand Video
    <b>
    My favorite line from the generic promo video...

"There's a shitload of people in the world -- 'specially in India."

Today, 04:44 AM
  • <b>
    Comment on Delete post from years ago
    <b>
    You need a few posts under your belt before the forum software will allow you to send private messages. Generally we don't like delete posts if they will disrupt the continuity of a thread.
    Today, 04:35 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to A Generic Brand Video
    salsa
    And don't forget the music: a catchy little tune with three notes in the entire song, sounds like it was written by an optimistic hipster.
    Today, 04:27 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convince someone in an Email that they need a new website?

Hey everyone,

I was looking at this website http://www.ssdha.nshealth.ca/index.htm and I noticed that it is really outdated and the navigation is kind of boring and confusing. So I was going to Email them to offer them to re-design it for them but I'm not really sure how to word it so that it sounds appealing and to make them think they need to have it done? Has anyone ever done that before? What should I say?

I wouldn't recommend approaching them via email as it will probably be viewed as spam since it's unsolicited.

I'd first make an effort to find out who's in charge of making decisions about such things. Then I'd contact that person by phone and ask them if they've considered updating their web site and—if they seem open to the idea—ask if you can set up a meeting to show them your web design portfolio. If they're not in the same city, you could offer to send them a brochure and/or email them a link to your online portfolio.

Be sure that you're very diplomatic when discussing the existing the site as you never know when it might have been built by the person you're speaking to (or a close coworker, friend, etc.) You also need to have strong selling points: How did you find out about their site? In what ways will a redesign benefit them aside from making it "prettier"? Will it improve their search engine rankings? If so, how? Can you build them a CMS that will save them money in the long run? Why should they choose you over another designer? Etc.

Digi
    The world is divided into people who think they are right.
    —Anonymous

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
    Working...
    X