controlling navigation carousels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• controlling navigation carousels

I am trying to create a navigation carousel with about 20 icons. So there are about 4 "pages" of carousel icons each containing 5 icons.

If someone were to click on an icon on the 3rd "page" of the carousel how do I keep them on the 3rd '"page" of the carousel when the page they clicked on loads?

Kind of hard to explain.
    Web Designer

Replace the ID tag on pageLoad to what ever the 3rd page in the carousel is tagged with??
    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Either via frames or by updating the page links dynamically. So when someone clicks on the button to change the carousel you would dynamically modify all the links with some type of identifier that could be used to set a carousel position. The only other way would be to not reload the page at all and load it into a dynamic content "frame" using AJAX. I would choose the former and dynamically modify the relevant urls. What server side language are you using?

If you post some actual code one of us might be able to help you out.
      Last edited by tZ; 10-08-2009, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• bahmaine
        Reply to Ilustrator Tracing and Typing Within a Path
        bahmaine
        You can scratch the tracing part. I found it easier just to create each neighborhood using the pen tool.
        Today, 05:22 PM
      • bahmaine
        Ilustrator Tracing and Typing Within a Path
        bahmaine
        HI All,

I was trying to recreate the following image in Illustrator. I wanted to trace over the image and take out the text used for the neighborhoods but it's taking me a while. Can someone...
        Today, 02:47 PM
      • B
        Comment on My first piece for critiquing
        B
        It's especially the type with the ampersand behind it, but other issues contribute to the legibility problem throughout.

You've used four different typefaces. It's not a hard-and-fast rule,...
        Today, 11:08 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to How to make lace with illustrator?
        PrintDriver
        Most lace is a repeat pattern. Once you get the corner block and a running block done, it's all gravy from there... Getting it to work as a brush must take some skillz. I wouldn't want to try it, not...
        Today, 09:09 AM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to InDesign, transparency, PDFs and Acrobat's Optimizer
        PrintDriver
        I'm not quite understanding why a 76mb 12 page doc would fail on your printer's end. That, to me anyway, is small for so many pages.
        I'd be more concerned about your boss being really mad for missing...
        Today, 09:05 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X