Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Flash: What are 'types of applications' (of Flash) included in online portfolios? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash: What are 'types of applications' (of Flash) included in online portfolios?

I'm slowly learning Flash, but I would like to ask:

Q: What are some applications of Flash that can be included in online portfolios or ways to showcase graphic design work?

I'm not understanding 'some applications' of Flash?

How many applications are there and how do I find them?
    As you can see, I'm slightly lost.

Please explain. Am I missing something completely obvious?

Thank you so much.
    Please support justice for Bella

Adobe has a pretty good list here of applications for flash...

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Q: What are some applications of Flash that can be included in online portfolios or ways to showcase graphic design work?
      A test question perhaps?
      Perhaps you should think of other definitions of the word "application" in this particular question...............

Comment

A test question perhaps?
        Perhaps you should think of other definitions of the word "application" in this particular question...............
        No, not a test question, but it is a question at the end of the chapter review.
        I will do that - look for other definitions, because I didn't understand 'application' for Flash.
        Thank you very much.

Audentia, Thank you.

Comment

I think they are talking about 'application' as in how Flash can be applied to a page, not application as in program.
          Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Applications as in:
            -uses
            -treatments
            -utilization

etc.

Comment

I think they are talking about 'application' as in how Flash can be applied to a page, not application as in program.
              I think you might be right.

Ckret and longboy,
              Thank you so much.

That's what I was thinking, but didn't trust myself. LOL
              I figured that I was missing something, but like I mentioned earlier - the simple and obvious is sometimes the CORRECT answer.

I certainly appreciate everyone's help.
              Thank you.

Comment

Flash always had two applications: presentation and interactivity. You're either asking your audience to sit and view something or to interact with it. I see this in Flash cartoons and games. Of course each of the two choices could be broken down into more specific applications.
                Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

SurfPark,
                  Flash always had two applications: presentation and interactivity. You're either asking your audience to sit and view something or to interact with it. I see this in Flash cartoons and games. Of course each of the two choices could be broken down into more specific applications.
                  THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
                  I really appreciate your helpful response as well.
                  I was thinking 'presentation' for sure, but forgot about interactivity.
                  Again, I'm completely new to Flash, so I'm basically learning the complete basics and foundation.
                  I've never 'worked' with the program itself, but have encountered it online.
                  Very helpful, thank you.
                  Last edited by BeautyNut; 10-21-2009, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Beauty, you might also want to take a look at Flashloaded. They sell Flash components (plugins), but it can give you a good idea of what's possible. You can then sit back and think of how some of those things might apply to a portfolio site.

BTW, their showcase section has examples of lots of really neat Flash sites going back several years, but be warned that looking through them can end being a huge time waster if you get caught up in ooh-ing & ahh-ing over all the interesting things people have done.

Digi
                    The world is divided into people who think they are right.
                    —Anonymous

Comment

Digi,
                      Thank you so much as well.
                      I'm going to check this out.
                      Flash is a completely different world for me.
                      I feel like I'm on another planet trying to learn.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X