Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• murofwoh
    so, i have decided to start up a bit of freelancing
    murofwoh
    to help pay the bills. three kids, one a high school junior, plus some big bills coming due have forced my hand. one cool thing is I made this decision after someone asked me to help them out with some...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Logo feedback needed
    murofwoh
    it isn't the worst logo I have ever seen, but it has a bit of a clip art feel to it, like you used a cityscape clip art then a clip art runner then a jet and melded the three. also more exploration with...
    Today, 01:14 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Dojo Dragon Shirt Design.
    BillyLogan
    Great job! Nice choice of colors - young, fun and very happy. Must agree with MaNL though about the character's emotion. But that is not much of an issue. Over-all, you did great, man!
    Today, 01:03 AM
  • cysir
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    cysir
    Thanks for the response! I started out sketching, actually. Thanks for the link!
    Today, 01:00 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Sand Queen
    BillyLogan
    WOW! That's all I could say. You've got talent, man and I hope you'll hone it. At you are your work is very impressive and I can see that you've got an eye for art. Just keep it up and I wish you all...
    Today, 12:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding clients?

Hi all,

I have been doing graphics for about 15 years now, and have been designing websites for at least 10, so I have plenty of experience with design. Problem is, I have only ever really worked full time gigs, and am now trying to find and build my own clientele.

So, I am hoping to find some information on what would be the best way to hunt down and find people who are looking for the sort of work I do. I have seen sites like Elance, but I am not really interested in bidding for jobs. I would like to find my own clients, and work directly with them, without any sort of middle man.

I just have no idea of where to start. Thanks for any advice.

I'm kinda in the same boat I'm doing a couple freelance stuff on the side and looking for more, but right now it's only by word-of-mouth around town
    Romans 14:11

Comment

Ironic

I came to this site in search of help from graphic designers. I'm attempting to start my own social network so I will need a designer for that. I also need a logo for the site.
      i got tons of responses from the craigslist some even from out of state (the majority).
      I got so many responses I decided to find another route so here I am.

I would prefer to work with some one who has a web cam so we can chat live.

PM me if you can do the web cam chat thing via gmail, live, skype, whatever.

Comment

Word of mouth is a really good thing. Think of all the ways you can enhance your current relationships with your regular clients.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

we get 100% of our clients by following 3 easy steps:

Step 1. Do really good work.
          Step 2. Be the kinds of people a client would want to work with, and tell other people about.
          Step 3. There is no step 3.
          Last edited by greedo; 10-27-2009, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Design1203, if you want to hire someone, post a Classified ad.

Comment

Your best bet is to get your own website up and working. . . then network. If you can join BNI (or even afford to!) that's a business referral group where you will find businesses.

Get business cards printed (professionally) and get them out to businesses via friends & family.

Get a portfolio together and call in on likely businesses or phone them. .

Be prepared for the 'NO thankyou' - it's not easy but they aren't rejecting you personally.

If you are in a job at the moment don't approach your clients directly. That will really p*** your boss of and give him a reason to get rid of you!

Be persistent - it takes between 5 and 7 (or more) 'marketing touches' before someone will buy from you!

Comment

Here are some articles that might help:
                Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

you should also look at Haystack.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                  Working...
                  X