Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argh... Should I use JPEG, GIF, Tiff or PNG in my site?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you people worry to much

'I will become the most powerful Jedi ever!'
    'I'm the damn designer, bitches!'

Check out my indie comic book!
    www.assassinsguild.net/
    "Even when I'm not at 100%, I'm still 110% better then anyone else!"

Check out my indie comic books at http://www.crycomic.com and http://www.assassinsguild.net/

Comment

>>you people worry to much<<

Which is exactly what I was worried about when I first read this thread. (Time for some light hearted flippancy, I says to meself).

And sometimes... with just a little push in the right spot--- there! It all falls over and you have all the worms you could ever want.

Looks like it's time to hang up my 'Gone Fishin' sign.

Comment

Comment

Yes, it is important to remember PNG isn't fully supported by the IE browser (the emphasis being FULLY). As was mentioned earlier in the thread by Ryan, IE doesn't directly support PNGs alpha feature (I personally am unfamiliar with the mentioned php method). Aside from this, you can use PNGs just like GIFs ... by making specific pixels fully transparent.

As for using php to force IE to make use of alpha in PNGs ... it surely is too much for someone who's just starting out with html!? Guess LimedDesign and other readers of this thread can decide on that ...

Comment

Hey, what about that JEPG2000 standard, eh?

(Exit ducking)

Comment

Haa - you guys are hilarious. This isn't a thread about who's RIGHT, but Who's RIGHT-ER! LOL.

In Ryan's defence - he said what he said the way he said it because he answers this question AGAIN amd AGAIN and AGAIN and probably does not have the time or desire to completely explain everything everytime someone who asks the same question.

I might just stick this thread into the resource section now that the answer has been debated..

It'll make Ryan's job a lot easier too I bet. Thanks guys.

Hunt for trophy black bear, cougar, deer, mountain goat or forest trolls at bracewell's hunting lodge. http://bracewell.com

Comment

>>Haa - you guys are hilarious<<

Yeah, but who's the MOST hilarious? Eh? Eh?

Do you think you guys could add an 'auto-lighten up' function in the forum control panel?

Comment

ROFLMFAO!!

Boobie Island or Bust!
                  I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Maybe we could all argue over how one would go about coding a 'lighten-up' button?
                    It's such an abstract concept, that it leaves so much room for debate.

Perhaps I'll work on a nice flash version of the button... unfortunately I don't have much time to spend on it, since I'm pretty busy with my 'auto-argue' button.

Comment

PERSONALLY, IM DONE WITH BITMAPS ALTOGETHER!
                      SVG ALL THE WAY! (except for photos)

i hate shields.
                      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

um... why do you hate shields?

I haven't lost my mind... it's backed up on disk somewhere.
                        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

do you mean, like, dress shields?

Comment

Panty shields?

Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?

Comment

Blue Shield?

OMG Kool, love the new sig.

Comment

Wind shield?

Heh heh, thanks morea.

Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                                  Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                                  PanToshi
                                  Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                  Today, 03:46 PM
                                • PanToshi
                                  Reply to Looking for comments
                                  PanToshi
                                  Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                                  Today, 03:46 PM
                                • PanToshi
                                  Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                  PanToshi
                                  Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                  Today, 03:40 PM
                                • HotButton
                                  Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                  HotButton
                                  There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
                                  Today, 03:36 PM
                                • pobrien
                                  Flyer Crtitique
                                  pobrien
                                  Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
                                  Today, 01:12 PM
                                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X