X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some SEO help

*sigh*

A while ago I designed www.scottmathews.com. The client loves the design, but hates the fact that he is so far down the search engine list. His main concern is high placement on Google. Originally he was on page 2óbut now he's on page 4.

Please help. I need to get him somewhere on the first page. Hopefully without having to pay for it.

REDeye

Looking at the source, the main body of centent is very far down the page. Perhaps some reorganization. Importing the javascript instead of having it in the body like it is. And the keywords, I think, should be more like phrases than words, 'something people search for'. Do a study. Change the keywords a bit, submit the site to DMOZ, see how the site ranks after 1 month, if nothing changes, or it gets worse, try different words. Also, try to use the keywords on the main page

I hope that I am somewhat helpful, and my information is correct

Art Forums | Ecsyle.Com

Post Edited (ecsyle) : 4/21/2004 7:41:13 PM GMT

Comment

One major key is having keywords in your title. I would change the title to something like

Scott Mathews Official Website - Music composer, Film Producer, Song Doctor, and Multi-Instrumentalist

Or just

Scott Mathews - Music composer, Film Producer, Song Doctor, and Multi-Instrumentalist

depending on how much traffic you are getting with 'official website'. You should also try to make that Music composer, Film Producer, Song Doctor, Multi-Instrumentalist' image into text. The more content the better.

C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      RUN DOS RUN
      ProudPenguin
      P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

do you have a robot.txt?

JUST LAUNCHED - www.hirethisdesigner.com - check it out

Comment

ecsyle said...
          Looking at the source, the main body of centent is very far down the page. Perhaps some reorganization. Importing the javascript instead of having it in the body like it is. And the keywords, I think, should be more like phrases than words, "something people search for". Do a study. Change the keywords a bit, submit the site to DMOZ, see how the site ranks after 1 month, if nothing changes, or it gets worse, try different words. Also, try to use the keywords on the main page
          [quote]Okay...revising text and content...
          [quote]I did try to submit the site to DMOZ, but for some reason the site hasn't shown up yet on the list yet. I submitted to the 'M' and the 'S' subcategories in the 'Music Producers' section.
          [quote]Oh, and please explain how I would import javascript instead of having it in the body.
          [quote]

BIG PERM said...
          do you have a robot.txt? Um...I'm not even sure what that is...please explain.

Oh, and I'm also doing what Ryan said.

REDeye

Comment

To import javascript, take the js and paste it into notepad. Then save the text file with a .js extension (make sure you take out the <script></script> in the .js file). Then where you used to have the js in your html page, put <script type='text/javascript' src='file.js'></script>

robots.txt is a file you can use to tell SE spiders what they are allowed to index. It won't help with SEO.

RUN DOS RUN
            ProudPenguin
            P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

well in a round about way it will help....i was getting indexed by the weirdest keywords until I put a robot.txt in my site

Comment

Is there some good tool to check out your site rankings on the different search engines?

Art Forums | Ecsyle.Com

Comment

uptimebot.com

Comment

download the google toolbar (toolbar.google.com) to see your pagerank.

RUN DOS RUN
                    ProudPenguin
                    P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

uptimebot.com shows your rank on like 5 search engines and dmoz.org plus it shows the in coming links and pages indexed by spiders

Comment

Oooo. Thanks for the link.

RUN DOS RUN
                        ProudPenguin
                        P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

Cool, thanks

Art Forums | Ecsyle.Com

Comment

You should have to work against your competitors. If your ranking falls down than definitely others websites perform well than yours. Analyze your competitors deeply and find out which techniques is used by your competitors for marketing. Follow them if found good. Anyways, this is the answer of your question but check your website that you have shared. I don't think so it is SEO optimized.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
                              Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                              PrintDriver
                              Why would you have someone else's work on your portfolio site?
                              Why would you not honor a takedown notice?
                              Doesn't matter if you don't claim copyright, or even if you credit the work appropriately....
                              Yesterday, 07:50 PM
                            • John G
                              Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
                              John G
                              I'd recommend colored borders. love it that you can scroll down and I think "get all the information". Unfortunately, it's in a foreign language none of anything seems to whittle anythng down,...
                              Yesterday, 07:28 PM
                            • MikeTyler
                              Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
                              MikeTyler
                              The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
                              Yesterday, 06:31 PM
                            • John G
                              Reply to visually pleasing web design
                              John G
                              Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Yesterday, 06:26 PM
                            • Thug-D
                              Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
                              Thug-D
                              I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
                              Yesterday, 05:58 PM
                            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X