Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on Design

Hi folks,
    I'm in the process of giving my website and business a facelift. I would love some feedback if anyone feels like doing so. Its getting close to being finished except for the blog which is at the bare minimum.

I am pretty much just starting out and don't have the greatest folio yet but hopefully over the next year I can build it up and get some regular customers. Any thoughts on the design
    http://www.digitalaspirations.com.au/

Cheers

Glenn

A couple of things that I would do:

1) Check your spelling and punctuation. On your page for Web, you show the Velvet bar, and your link is spelling wrong.

2) On your retouch page, I would pick one set of those old time images and shown them once. Right now, I see them twice. It looks like you are just trying to create more landscape, with no more substance.

Other than that, it's not a bad design. I do not see antyhing overly complicated or impressive about the site. It's an average web site.
    "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Opps! last night night before I rushed off to the pub I was trying to fix the borders on those two to match the other images must of used the same name twice. Thanks for feedback will fix up spelling too I actually will re write at some stage making it a bit more personal I'm not a very good wordsmith....

Comment

Do you really get touch-up work from pro photographers?

Comment

Yes I've been employed at several Photo Studios and some of them out source their retouching work

Comment

Broacher- you'd be surprised. My bf is a photographer but does touch up work and is very good at it. Not only that but he's working with a guy (on a seperate data entry job) who also used to do touch up work in the US. He said it was heavily requested until recently befor the jobs all died out.
            "Be realistic, plan for a miracle."

Comment

I'm not sure that you should be showcasing some of the retouching works on your site. When i worked for a photographer his number 1 rule of retouching was subtle improvments so it didnt look like it had been retouched. Some of your images have tonal discrepancies and odd depths of field - these make the photos appear 'shopped'.

Comment

I know a photographer who only recently made the switch to digital cameras. He is not well versed in Photoshop and often asks me to retouch stuff for him. Just because someone can take pictures doesn't mean they can digitally retouch them.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X