domain names?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain names?

I recently asked about whether or not one need to know code in order to be a web designer. Now I have another question. the other day in my design class we were learning dreamweaver. it seems once you save your project in dreamweaver it posts it on the web. Correct? heres my question, if thats true. then, does a domain name have to be purchased? or how does all that work?

If you want your own domain name, you need to register a url. This costs $20-30 per year. Many urls come with free email addresses. You also need to purchase a host to upload your files to unless you use a free hosting site. Free hosts have limited space but can be a good option when you just starting out.

Both url and hosting is charged by the month or year. So it's not just a one time payment.

I have registered 3 urls and no hosting (I use a free host for my portfolio).
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Dreamweaver doesnt post it on the web. You can view it in a browser, but a browser =/= internet.

As buda said, get a host and domain name, then you'll need to point the domain name to the servers (the domain name provider will have instructions on that).

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
        Reply to Helle there from the Netherlands
        KitchWitch
        Hi Yasinusta and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
        Today, 07:24 AM
      • yasinusta
        Reply to Diamond Logo Finalists -Need Opinion on Style route?
        yasinusta
        I see here a good begin. I think you need to kill your darling and make an new logo that doesn't look like this ones. When you begin with making a new logo you got inspired by a lot of things.
        Today, 07:03 AM
      • yasinusta
        Reply to How can graphic be manipulated?
        yasinusta
        Hi, do a research in Design Psychology. You will learn a lot about manipulated graphics.
        Today, 06:50 AM
      • yasinusta
        Helle there from the Netherlands
        yasinusta
        Hi,

I would like to introduce myself.

I am an student designer in the Netherlands. I want to expertise myself in User Experience en Interaction Design. So I became a member...
        Today, 06:15 AM
      • yasinusta
        Reply to Review on my website?
        yasinusta
        Hi Connarr, I like your website and it looks very impressive. The only suggestion I would like to give is the responsive part of your website. The buttons are to near together. This makes clicking difficult....
        Today, 06:09 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X