Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• heidi
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    heidi
    Thanks for all the ideas! Here's an alternative (and obviously very rough) concept based on a bald eagle — had considered this symbol previously due to its American connotations, so went back to it...
    Today, 04:31 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How can I place 30 seperate quotes into one poster while still acheiving a nice look?
    PrintDriver
    Remember, posters don't have to be rectangles. Or, even if it is a rectangle, the words don't have to fill a rectangle. Think outside the box.
    Today, 04:09 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Law Firm Logo
    seamas
    While it isn't the most exciting logo in the world, I don't really think a Lawyer's office needs the excitement of a Rock star logo.

I think the fancier the logo (for a lawyer), the less...
    Today, 03:38 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Logo Critique, Please
    seamas
    The d/9 thing is just reading as an abstraction--I am not scanning it as two distinct characters joined, but as one single glyph.

On second scan, that D is just reading as a 6--especially...
    Today, 03:33 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Education consultancy logo
    seamas
    Until I read the bit about a bird, I didn't see a bird.

I saw a book--and I have to agree that the book=education logo idea is tired and well worn.

The only other thing I thought...
    Today, 03:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My head is pounding!

Hello all,

Hmmm where to start... well I have been taking another crash course in the design world now that I have been trying to learn the basics of html, css, JS, php and so on.

I started by building a site following along with this guy: http://www.timothytraining.net/index.html

I used his practice files to create two sites in DW and everything went pretty well. I feel I got a good grasp on writing html, css and file organization. So whats the problem? The sites look good but my friends that I'm designing for need a content managing system so I went through 5 hours of tutorials on using wordpress.org at the same time I went back to lynda.com for some more tutorials on building wordpress themes using PS/notepad/wamp and so on... Then I started seeing all these really nice looking WP themes and thought oh sht!, this looks like a trap but so hard to resist.

So now Im here and feel super confused with all this info and want to know what route I should pursue.

Also want to add that I worked in PS and designed about 100+ works for the last 6 years without realizing that all my logos, flyers, ect. were a bit off due to bitmap ... btw, I'm also in another crash course learning Illy.

I don't want to travel down another road like that in webdesign.

If you read all this then thank you.

advice greatly appreciated
Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
Working...
X