Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My head is pounding!

Hello all,

Hmmm where to start... well I have been taking another crash course in the design world now that I have been trying to learn the basics of html, css, JS, php and so on.

I started by building a site following along with this guy: http://www.timothytraining.net/index.html

I used his practice files to create two sites in DW and everything went pretty well. I feel I got a good grasp on writing html, css and file organization. So whats the problem? The sites look good but my friends that I'm designing for need a content managing system so I went through 5 hours of tutorials on using wordpress.org at the same time I went back to lynda.com for some more tutorials on building wordpress themes using PS/notepad/wamp and so on... Then I started seeing all these really nice looking WP themes and thought oh sht!, this looks like a trap but so hard to resist.

So now Im here and feel super confused with all this info and want to know what route I should pursue.

Also want to add that I worked in PS and designed about 100+ works for the last 6 years without realizing that all my logos, flyers, ect. were a bit off due to bitmap ... btw, I'm also in another crash course learning Illy.

I don't want to travel down another road like that in webdesign.

If you read all this then thank you.

advice greatly appreciated

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Comment on Depixelization
    KitchWitch
    Got the link fixed.
    Yesterday, 07:03 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Depixelization
    KitchWitch
    Hi Vanthex and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Yesterday, 07:01 PM
  • B
    Reply to Depixelization
    B
    Since Adobe has both the money and the incentive to do so, my guess is that any significant improvements along this line would be immediately purchased by them and incorporated into the next release of...
    Yesterday, 05:53 PM
  • hyena
    Comment on Useful skills to learn?
    hyena
    Indeed, that's why I said. "You'd also need some knowledge how wrapping works, before you actually want to Design them"
    Yesterday, 03:23 PM
  • Craig B
    Reply to Saving Patterns in Ai
    Craig B
    when saving swatches ASE in Illustrator a popup box shows up saying that gradients, patterns etc. won't be saved. However, if you save your swatches (using the same flyout menu) as an AI file it will....
    Yesterday, 03:17 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X