Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My head is pounding!

Hello all,

Hmmm where to start... well I have been taking another crash course in the design world now that I have been trying to learn the basics of html, css, JS, php and so on.

I started by building a site following along with this guy: http://www.timothytraining.net/index.html

I used his practice files to create two sites in DW and everything went pretty well. I feel I got a good grasp on writing html, css and file organization. So whats the problem? The sites look good but my friends that I'm designing for need a content managing system so I went through 5 hours of tutorials on using wordpress.org at the same time I went back to lynda.com for some more tutorials on building wordpress themes using PS/notepad/wamp and so on... Then I started seeing all these really nice looking WP themes and thought oh sht!, this looks like a trap but so hard to resist.

So now Im here and feel super confused with all this info and want to know what route I should pursue.

Also want to add that I worked in PS and designed about 100+ works for the last 6 years without realizing that all my logos, flyers, ect. were a bit off due to bitmap ... btw, I'm also in another crash course learning Illy.

I don't want to travel down another road like that in webdesign.

If you read all this then thank you.

advice greatly appreciated

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
    Reply to Perfect union of triangles
    B
    If it were me, I'd use a 3D app.
    Today, 10:18 PM
  • B
    Reply to Triangle Occupational Therapy
    B
    It might not be worth pursuing, but it just occurred to me that tilting a cube so that one of the corners is pointing directly at the viewer results in three sides of the block being visible. It doesn't...
    Today, 09:48 PM
  • B
    Reply to Triangle Occupational Therapy
    B
    I can see why she likes the scratchboard look of the blocks -- it is a nice look. As an illustrative technique, it's great. As a logo, though, it'll create potential problems for her.

The...
    Today, 09:31 PM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Getting a job with a tiny portfolio
    PanToshi
    It's the awful vb forum software. It hates iOS amongst many things. Fixed the formatting for you
    Today, 08:06 PM
  • mightbedylan
    Reply to Getting a job with a tiny portfolio
    mightbedylan
    I'm sorry this post is formatted so horribly, no idea what's going on with this site. Nothing seems to be working.
    Today, 07:21 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X