No announcement yet.

My head is pounding!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My head is pounding!

Hello all,

Hmmm where to start... well I have been taking another crash course in the design world now that I have been trying to learn the basics of html, css, JS, php and so on.

I started by building a site following along with this guy:

I used his practice files to create two sites in DW and everything went pretty well. I feel I got a good grasp on writing html, css and file organization. So whats the problem? The sites look good but my friends that I'm designing for need a content managing system so I went through 5 hours of tutorials on using at the same time I went back to for some more tutorials on building wordpress themes using PS/notepad/wamp and so on... Then I started seeing all these really nice looking WP themes and thought oh sht!, this looks like a trap but so hard to resist.

So now Im here and feel super confused with all this info and want to know what route I should pursue.

Also want to add that I worked in PS and designed about 100+ works for the last 6 years without realizing that all my logos, flyers, ect. were a bit off due to bitmap ... btw, I'm also in another crash course learning Illy.

I don't want to travel down another road like that in webdesign.

If you read all this then thank you.

advice greatly appreciated

Latest Topics

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us