No announcement yet.

Photo Project#2: Colour Your World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willy, cool shot, 4 second exposure?! Crank up your ISO and open up you aperture mate!
    I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Thanks Cjoe..I thought about openeing the aperature to 2 or 3 but didn't want to lose to much focus specifically the edges of the shadows tried to keep the shadows crisp. specifically because my fucus is center weighted. But, I do not experiment much with ISO setting. Any input about the relation between ISO setting and Aperature would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again for the comment.
      http://billsoz.blogspot.com/

Comment

the aperture and ISO aren't really related, but heres my explaination on ISO settings:
        (i was explaining to someone else but it may be relevant to you)

The graininess of the shots depend on the ISO, if you used ISO 1600 in the daytime, then they would be grainy. A higher ISO number produces inherently grainier images, but it is more sensitive to light, thats why you use a high ISO at night because you don't have to use huge apertures and (what seem like) eternal shutter speeds. If you used 1600 in the daytime when ISO 100 would be perfectly acceptable you would have to change your exposure by 5 stops.

E.g.

say these are the correct exposure settings for an ISO 100 film in daylight at noon. 250th @ f5.6
        For an ISO 1600 film the correct exposure would be 8000th @ f5.6 or 2000th @ f1.8.

say these are the correct settings for a full moon with 100 ISO film: 4sec @ f1.8. You can reduce your need for a slow shutter by using 1600 ISO. Then the settings would be 8th @ f1.8, thus reducing the risk of camera shake.

So basically higher ISO = higher sensitivity to light BUT grainier image.
        visa versa.

Thats why in studios they use very slow film, 1. because they have excellent lighting 2. It produces a very finely detailed (non grainy) image.
        And why sports photographers may use an ISO 800 film because they are using fast shutter speeds (two reasons: long focus lenses and the ability to freeze movement) and usually smaller apertures (usually because the lens diameter is so large its hard to make a fast lens with a big diameter).

Hope that helps.

Comment

oh btw D-Frag, i love your shot!

Comment

Thanks cjoe I will be trying some of your pointers in the future. Unfortunatley my cameras manual settings are not affording me all the functionality I would like. I really need to upgrade to SLR maybe after the new year. My Mother in law just got the 8mp e-volt its pretty sweet. I am envious. unfortunately she will probably never even use the manual setting and shoot on A. That shutters my bug!! *^(*)&^&*)%^&$^%$^%&^%
            http://billsoz.blogspot.com/

Comment

just to clarify...you don't have to only represent feelings and emotion through colour, just use colour to express yourself!

Comment

Title: Sunsets
                Description: see above - Canon PowerShot S2 1S 5.0 mp

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

flash used Tv-0.017sec Av-f/4 iso-100

just experimenting...
                  this is what i reckon my dog sees... he's fully blind in one eye, partially blind and very bloodshot in the other...
                  i took a pic with a fish-eye lens and used a flash with a red sweet wrapper taped to the front of it...
                  The beginning is always today.

Comment

this picture i took on the summer solstice this year

I know its not under the specifications for the project but i had to share it. Photography is my second passion next to graphic design. They are shown in the progression of the sunset.

Minolta Dimage Z5, 1/60 sec., f/3.5, ISO 50
                    1/40 sec.
                    1/50 sec, f/2.8
                    Hope you like.
                    Attached Files
                    "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
                    [I]

Comment

wow guys these are great!

nice series too Alex!

Comment

Thanks Tyger,

I felt really lucky, i had just bought my Minolta that day and was testing the camera out when suddenly i look out side and there it was.
                        "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra
                        [I]

Comment

Title: Forest Path
                          Description: a lovely bit of scenery from my last hike
                          EXIF DATA: Canon PowerShot S2 1S
                          Shutter speed: 1/60 * Aperture: f/3.5 * Flash: fired

Title: Autumn Ferns
                          Description: a lovely bit of scenery from my last hike
                          Shutter speed: 1/60 * Aperture: f/3.5 * Flash: fired

Last edited by morea; 12-04-2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Title: River
                            Description: the view from my new bike trail
                            Shutter speed: 1/60 * Aperture: f/3.5 * Flash: did not fire

Last edited by morea; 12-04-2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Title: Mountain Summit
                              Description: a lovely view from my last hike
                              Shutter speed: 1/400 * Aperture: f/2.7 * Flash: did not fire

Last edited by morea; 12-04-2006, 02:18 PM.

Comment

very nice shots Mo

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clinton78
                                  One off off-set lithographic Print?
                                  Clinton78
                                  Hi guys,

I have a situation where I need to commercially print illustrations that are coloured entirely in black. It's basically realistic aircraft illustrations and the aircraft are painted...
                                  Today, 11:11 AM
                                • Craig B
                                  Reply to Style of Font
                                  Craig B
                                  To expand a little on what B said. Those monograms were hand created. They weren't just a font, and there's no software that will automatically squeeze them into a shape like that....
                                  Today, 11:00 AM
                                • Craig B
                                  Reply to Vector art blurry when posted to social media!
                                  Craig B
                                  Not sure where you got those sizes. I would try this always up to date google doc with various social media pixel sizes.
                                  Today, 10:58 AM
                                • PrintDriver
                                  Reply to What makes this ad. design awesome?
                                  PrintDriver
                                  As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular...
                                  Today, 10:30 AM
                                • PrintDriver
                                  Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                                  PrintDriver
                                  The designer may own the rights to the design, but they may not own the copyright on any photos or copywriting used in the design or any trademarked logos. In cases where there is client supplied content,...
                                  Today, 10:22 AM
                                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X