April Photo Contest - weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Photo Contest - weather

Post your entries here (one per member). Cut off date for submitting photos will be Sunday April 23rd.

You can host photos for free at www.thecreativeforum.com, which will also allow you to put your images into the GDF Photo Gallery... (when you upload a photo, just select a GDF destination from the dropdown menu) please don't upload attachments, as they don't carry over properly into the voting thread.

Editing software may be used for usual processing (cropping, tonal and color adjustments, resizing), but no outside elements, objects, or images can be pasted, drawn or added into the original image. No elements, objects, or images can be cloned, cut out, or taken out of the original image other than what occurs from cropping.

The theme is: "weather". Happy shooting!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

ok i think i'll go with this one but click here to go to the showcase to see a couple others that i thought could be contenders.
    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

cool shot vtwin!...looks like the beginnings of a tornado!...either that, or it is one and i'm afraid to go out on a limb and say it is without knowing for sure...lol
      Monarchs Rule!

Comment

FYI flutterby:

tornados over water (like this) are called water spouts.

Water spouts are rotating columns of air similar in appearance to that of the tornado. They develop over warm ocean currents during unstable conditions or as cold front boundaries pass over the ocean. These are not very dangerous but can affect boats and yachts. Because they are over the ocean, they do not pick up debri but water spray is observed at the base.

Water spouts can develop over the ocean and move over the land. They are then called tornadoes. It is here where water spouts can be dangerous and has caused extensive damage to trees and buildings as well as over turn caravans in coastal communities. Once on the land, they dissipate fairly quickly. On the ocean however, they can last much longer.

Sometimes, tornadoes form over the land and pass over a lake or the ocean. These are then called water spouts despite the difference in the formation processes and dynamics.
        Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

My Piece

Wow, I just got done uploading some photography into my deviantart page and then I come here to find this contest. Okay, here's one.

(I resubmitted the piece because that link wasn't working perfectly, but it's the same piece.))
          Last edited by carter the artist; 04-04-2006, 03:32 AM.
          My Site

Comment

here is mine

Last edited by plasticboy; 04-15-2006, 05:17 PM.

Comment

^sweet shot - where is that?

Comment

Comment

Okay, that link isn't working... so let's try it again.
                  My Site

Comment

I wish I could have taken a shot of the image I saw while driving through Missouri last May. When I looked to my right there was a straight line down the sky. On the left was a wicked storm with dark blues, grays, and greens, and on the right side was a beautiful orange, redish sunset... it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
                    You see, whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.

Comment

Title: Think
                      Pollution...

www.pbase.com/ericbabineau

Comment

Originally posted by Neballer
                        ^sweet shot - where is that?
                        in the sky. Just kiding. Madison.

Comment

Nice entries so far everyone.

I'm going to have to get back on the photography horse and start taking some pics!

Comment

Mine always come out so small...
                            ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tyger
                              Nice entries so far everyone.

I'm going to have to get back on the photography horse and start taking some pics!
                              I agree, the newness of my cam has worn off. It's about time to get back out there.
                              Less be more.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
                                Reply to Illustrator - Recolouring a vector remains in grayscale
                                KitchWitch
                                Hi Keluitry and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                Today, 07:39 AM
                              • KitchWitch
                                Reply to Career advice
                                KitchWitch
                                Hi Virindi and welcome to GDF.

I agree with PD, job titles differ from one place to another now. The word associate could mean you're a junior-level designer, or it could mean you're a partner...
                                Today, 07:36 AM
                              • KitchWitch
                                Reply to Copyright question - images taken from other websites
                                KitchWitch
                                I'm not a lawyer and not in Australia, so I can only tell you what I would do here in the U.S. I would contact both websites asking permission to use those photos and how they would like them credited....
                                Today, 07:31 AM
                              • mixlikes
                                Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
                                mixlikes
                                The website is good with high download speed. As well site is neat and clean.
                                Today, 07:14 AM
                              • PrintDriver
                                Reply to Career advice
                                PrintDriver
                                Titles mean nothing any more. When little Johnny's mummy and daddy are calling his boss after 6 months wondering why little Johnny hasn't been promoted yet, job titles tend to get created. (No joke. I've...
                                Today, 06:21 AM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X