This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Photo Contest - old

Can't believe I've been off the ball and didn't post this month's photo contest. Let's see what you folks can do in two weeks.

here are the guidelines:

Please do not upload attachments, as they don't carry over properly into the voting thread.

You can host photos for free at www.thecreativeforum.com, which will also allow you to put your images into the GDF Photo Gallery(when you upload a photo, just select a GDF destination from the dropdown menu).

NO PHOTOSHOP or other photo editing software may be used except for processing (cropping, tonal / color adjustments, and resizing) No elements, objects, or images can be cloned, cut out, or taken out of the original image other than what occurs from cropping.

One entry per member. You may post more than one photo in this thread, but be sure to specify which one you want included in the voting as your entry.

Ideal image size is 600 pixels wide.

Cut off date for submitting photos will be July 25th.

The theme is: "OLD". Happy shooting!
    Last edited by morea; 07-25-2006, 06:12 PM.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Sunday June 25th.

I'll see what I can come up with

Comment

I should have this one in the can!
      Self portraits work?
      People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

Old Wooden Silo in Hector, NY

Let's try this one on for size... shot this in Hector, NY while on vacation. Hit the wineries after. I saw this and was amazed to see a wooden silo still standing. I had to shoot it! I was using B&W film and had the photographs developed with the sepia tone. There are no other edits to the image itself.

Can't wait to see everyone elses photos!

Cheers,
        Al

Comment

question

im interested in submitting. i haven't seen this monthly photo contest on here before. my question is:

must the image be shot within the post of the rules and june 25 or could it have been shot earlier and still be submitted?

let me know. thanks.

Comment

we don't usually care when the photo was taken. Go ahead and post!

Comment

one more!

is tweaking a raw image too much photo shop? or should it only be the camera raw defaults?

Comment

You Decide

Shot in a village in the Indian Himalayas. An unforgettable experience.

-Ben
                Attached Files

Comment

Ben-
                  That's a beautiful shot! I'm sure you have many many stories from that experience.
                  "Champagne for my real friends....Real Pain for my Sham Friends."

Comment

Ya Jigga I do. I spent 3 weeks in NW India just shooting. I went with the photo/design depts. from my college. It was amazing. I'm working on putting together a series folio and a design piece right now. I'll probably post both before the summer is out. Look for it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PureLife
                      Ya Jigga I do. I spent 3 weeks in NW India just shooting. I went with the photo/design depts. from my college. It was amazing. I'm working on putting together a series folio and a design piece right now. I'll probably post both before the summer is out. Look for it soon.
                      Great shot! That would be quite the experience.

Here is mine, taken in Alberta Canada.

Comment

Great pictures guys

Comment

is there a prize or anything for the winner of this lil diddy? that would be sweet. anything at all would be nice actually. whats the word morea?

Comment

no, we do not support "contests" on GDF, this is really something that we just do for fun. The winner's image is featured in the "winner's circle" thread and they receive the admiration of their peers. And in the end, isn't that enough?

Comment

Admiration from this group is more than enough for me

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X