X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project #6 - out and about

As suggested by urstwile.

Originally posted by urstwile
    a friend of mine at work a couple of years back went to France, surreptitiously "borrowed" a little Felix the Cat toy I had on my desk (I have a lot of toys on my desk so I didn't notice right off the bat), and photographed Felix in a bunch of different settings...in France. It was great. He e-mailed me the pictures while he was on his trip, and it was really fun.

So...you take your (fun desk toy, favorite hat, unique stapler, etc., etc.) and travel around with it and pose it in different situations wherever you're at.
    No deadline on this one... happy shooting!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

hmmm..... have to think about this one

I'll see what I can come up with

Comment

This whole idea started with yard gnomes and the traveling gnomes brought forth the Travelocity Gnome!
      Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

This is awesome! I'm SO going to try to borrow someone's digital camera for a couple of days, but if it happens that I can't participate, have fun with it you guys!
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

What a great idea! I'm gonna travel with my little object for a few days- I hope it doesn't break! What a fun project!
          You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus
            This whole idea started with yard gnomes and the traveling gnomes brought forth the Travelocity Gnome!
            Wasn't that in the movie Amelie too?
            As God Is My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly

Comment

so how does one carry a 21" trinitron across town?

-Jon

Comment

Woohoo! Squeaky plastic buddha with laptop is excited he gets to take a trip. *squeak, squeak*

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_skater
                  Wasn't that in the movie Amelie too?
                  Yep. The Gnome thing started in Australia. At least, according to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_gnome_prank

http://www.freethegnomes.com/ << LOL!

Comment

oh man if only this had come up a few weeks ago before i went to europe....
                    great idea though...ill see if i can do some things
                    -sean
                    'your anger is a gift...'

ckeck out Analyze Think

inside my head

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus
                      So what'cha tryin' to say, huh? Tough guy! LOL. It's still fun.
                      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I can't find anything to take with me lol ...... I don't do well when it comes to props ... but I'm still thinking .... this will be a stretch for me

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                          So what'cha tryin' to say, huh? Tough guy! LOL. It's still fun.
                          LOL! Yea, it's a real fun idea I just remembered that fact and thought I would share! My coworker has a little Buddah on his desk...

Comment

Okay, I'm trying this. People are looking at me like I'm a big idiot - my kids included! But it's fun! Maybe I can post some pics later today. I lost my nerve in Sam's Club this morning, maybe I'll do better when I go to World Market this afternoon!! My objects sort of big - 8" circle!!
                            You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Alright, I'm retiring my object back to the shelf cause I'm too scared it's gonna break. But here it is. A little background on my object first. My husbands great aunt (actually pronounced aint) Lois saw this picture in a magazine one day of these Princess Diana plates that were for sale from the Franklin Mint. She loved them and wanted each of her sisters to have one but she couldn't afford to buy them one. There are a total of 8 sisters, but 1 had died. So, she went and bought 5 more of the magazines and carefully cut out the picture of the Diana plate. She then somehow affixed each picture to an existing plate that she owned. I laughed so hard the first time I saw it. It is amazingly tacky. It's actually the tackiest thing that I own. I actually own two of them right now. When one of the sisters dies, I get her Diana plate. I attended Aint Edie's funeral on Friday. I called my mother in law on Sunday to see if she could swing getting Aint Edie's plate for me. A plan is in the works. The one in the photo belonged to Aint Dee. I chose it because she smoked so much that it's a little yellowed, offering a little more photographic intrigue!

Diana riding in the car

Stopping at the cigarette store for cigs and a newspaper

Back home sitting in my smoking spot

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X