More Design Based Contest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Design Based Contest

Is there any way that we can also include more contest on Layouts, Logo Identity and perhaps web. I think it would give more of a showcase for those who aren't that good at taking photos.

I don't see why not. It wouldn't be spec work because there would be no spec. I'll see if one of the mods wants to oversee it.

Would anybody else be interested in entering such a contest?

Comment

that sounds sort of like what the "design challenges" were about.

I am not too keen on a "competition" in that area - I think that the reason they worked so well was because they encouraged participation rather than competition.

I don't mind "playing" at photo contests because I am not a photographer, if that makes any sense...
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

what happened to the design challenges, they were fun.

Comment

No kidding.... we havent had a challenge since august !?!?!?!? I used a link to the wine label challenge in a post today, and I realized that we havent been in a challenge for a long time.
          CNIC - noun [see - nick]
          1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
          2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
          3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
          For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

I miss it too ... I almost did one for the wine label for the fun of it ... but thought the thread was too old and I would be scolded lol

Comment

Here are the links to the past challenges... I don't see any problem in bumping them even though they are older threads. I know I didn't get to get involved in many of them the first time around, so bumping them gives other people a chance to participate.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=17133

Part of the problem, methinks, is that it is really tough to come up with ideas for projects for the design challenge that are new and different. Maybe we should start a brainstorming thread for design challenge ideas like we have for the photo challenge.

Comment

I think we should do a pizza box. ____ _____'s pizza. Cardbord type box that you would get delivery style. Im thinking that because I had pizza last night and the box was really lame. Pizza was good though.

Yeah, a brainstorming thread might be good. It could be in the challenge links area with the rest of it.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
                1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
                2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
                3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
                For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

I don't want it to be a competition. I think we should just make different threads for the different project ideas and just let people post to them as they complete them, with really no time limit. One idea I have is perhaps design a logo for a fictional record label, or maybe even do brochures and flyers for those who are more comfortable in that area.

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing as I was clicking on this forum. I miss the design challenges too.
                    Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                    - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

What's it going to be?

Who is going to post up the first project or do people want to make it more of a anyone can submit a thread with a idea and with its specs . Oooh I'm getting so excited can't wait. Bring on the CHALLENGE. My caramel macchiato is ready...lol

Comment

it's up.

Check here:
                        http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=22219

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clinton78
                          One off off-set lithographic Print?
                          Clinton78
                          Hi guys,

I have a situation where I need to commercially print illustrations that are coloured entirely in black. It's basically realistic aircraft illustrations and the aircraft are painted...
                          Today, 11:11 AM
                        • Craig B
                          Reply to Style of Font
                          Craig B
                          To expand a little on what B said. Those monograms were hand created. They weren't just a font, and there's no software that will automatically squeeze them into a shape like that....
                          Today, 11:00 AM
                        • Craig B
                          Reply to Vector art blurry when posted to social media!
                          Craig B
                          Not sure where you got those sizes. I would try this always up to date google doc with various social media pixel sizes.
                          Today, 10:58 AM
                        • PrintDriver
                          Reply to What makes this ad. design awesome?
                          PrintDriver
                          As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular...
                          Today, 10:30 AM
                        • PrintDriver
                          Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                          PrintDriver
                          The designer may own the rights to the design, but they may not own the copyright on any photos or copywriting used in the design or any trademarked logos. In cases where there is client supplied content,...
                          Today, 10:22 AM
                        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X