No announcement yet.

February photo project: cold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to everyone who's photographing their surroundings on this one. i barbequed outside for dinner last night in a t-shirt. gotta love california.
    "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Comment

That's not funny DS!

Comment

geeze kittie kat, upstate ny, that's gotta be pretty cold. i can sympathize though, it did get down into the 60's in san francisco this weekend. we were playing frisbee at the beach and it got so windy, that even though it was high 70's out, with the windchill it was probably like mid 60's. plus it was so windy it kept blowing our frisbee away so we had to stop. it was brutal.

actually i can sympathize. i've only been out here less than a year, and i moved out from southeastern michigan (ann arbor if anyone else on here is a U of M alumn). i talk to my folks on the phone, they say it's below zero back there. people out here don't even know what windchill factor means. at first i thought i'd really miss Michigan, the change of seasons, the snow and whatnot, but it turns out that no, i don't really miss it that much. i'm in No Cal though, so it's more like early autumn here all year which is pretty nice. I don't think I could live in So Cal honestly, for one thing it's dirty, but its so freaking hot all the time, and more crowded. i'll take the mountains, redwoods, and a chilly beach over a hot beach and smog any day. but my rent is about twice what it was in ann arbor, and we're looking to buy a house but real estate is about double or triple, so there are trade offs.
        "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Comment

lmaooo ... well aren't we the comedian

Yeah its been pretty cold and blustery up here over the past couple weeks ... but its not too bad right now I just had my windows open for a little fresh air ... I hate the staleness the house gets in the winter. We are actually having a little bit of a heat wave right now ... it's gotten up to 19

Comment

last call, folks. Get those entries to me ASAP!
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
              Helloooooo!
              Breanne.C
              Hey everyone! My name is Breanne. I didn't realize there was an introduction spot until after I tried making my first post to identify a font. Ooopsie!

I'm from the Seattle area, a freelance...
              Yesterday, 05:31 PM
            • Breanne.C
              Font ID Please
              Breanne.C
              Hey folks! I need help identifying the font in this logo, just the text "Fire Medic." Can anyone help ID it?

Yesterday, 03:56 PM
            • chikisg84
              Comment on Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
              chikisg84
              Thank you so much for your input. What you said about Joomla templates basically dictating the look and feel of the site is basically the reason I've held so long to my current site. I have not found...
              Yesterday, 03:32 PM
            • Biggs097
              Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
              Biggs097
              Keep in mind the cost of the tooling the dye is a one time cost. The next lot of cards wont include the tooling cost.
              StudioMonkey is also correct of the cost vs. your volume. 100 cards may run...
              Yesterday, 02:42 PM
            • B
              Reply to Need feedback on best way to start redesigning my portfiolio website
              B
              Joomla is my CMS of choice. For that matter, I'm working on some template modifications for a Joomla site this morning.

For a small personal site, Joomla might be overkill. It's certainly...
              Yesterday, 02:11 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X