This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Project: Your Part of the World

This will be a community thread for everyone to post pictures in, so feel free to participate regardless of your level of experience.

I find it really interesting to see the differences in landscapes, architecture, flora, fauna and whatnot from around the world.

Please post your photos with the location where the photo was taken (this can be general; State or Province, etc. is sufficient) and a brief description (the subject in the photo, and when it was taken, etc.).

Have fun, and happy shooting!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Here's a shot I took on a nature hike last weekend. It's autumn here (in QC, Canada) and these birch trees are just starting to change color.

I took this one while wading out into the river to try to get a picture of a heron on the opposite bank. The little bugger took off before I was close enough to get a decent shot of him, but I took the opportunity to snap a picture of the changing foliage behind the dam:

Last edited by morea; 10-01-2007, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I would post Morea... but for some reason sand and rocks aren't that interesting to me!

I miss Florida and the east coast in general.
      GNP @ work

Comment

post 'em anyway. I bet they are interesting to people who don't have sand and rocks where they live (and have to walk to work, uphill both ways all year round)

Here's another shot - I am not sure what kind of plant this is, but the ladybug seemed to like it.

Photo taken in QC (Canada), September 07

Comment

ill play but i dont take pics of just areas around my house normally.... but yeah, deserts and sunsets, pretty much all we have here...

Downtown Phoenix, looking west.

this is a church up in Sedona, AZ that is built into the mountain. there is a 5 year waiting list to get married here.

and of course, everyone im sure has seen a photo of this at some point in there life. one of the seven wonders of the world, and only a 3 hour drive from my house. this chick was crazy, wouldn't catch me on a ledge, its windy and hundreds of people fall and die each year.
          ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Wow D, those are great... AZ looks beautiful!
            SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

ohhh poo-ey! I just realized I deleted all the pics I took on my trip from Florida to Nevada ... they should have been in my photography folder

ok. let me find some interesting sand and rocks or dried up landscape nearby and I will post that

(digging out the digital camera and hoping the batteries are ok)
              GNP @ work

Comment

I'll have to find a nice spot to take a picture of overlapping highways and bumper-to-bumper traffic...

blog/portfolio

Comment

D-Frag ... I loved areas along I-40 traveling through Arizona ... the old Indian caves you can see from the highway and the deserted homesteads... I would like to spend several days exploring those areas sometime.
                  GNP @ work

Comment

Virgo, its on the morning news every day here, the "spagetti bowl" where I-15 meets up with US95 just north of the Strip.... would be interesting at night with a timed exposure for the effect
                    GNP @ work

Comment

I took these last year around this time... lovely fall colors.
                      (just outside Hinckley, MN)

SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

Here's a shot from Mt. Orford (QC) taken Saturday:

Here's one I took yesterday of some mushrooms growing beside a nearby lake. I have tentatively identified them as "coprinus comatus" mushrooms.

Comment

OK, batteries are dead ... here is one from a few years ago, I forget which hurricane; but from when I lived in Florida
                          Attached Files
                          GNP @ work

Comment

beautiful pictures everyone .... I'll get some up asap

Comment

Mountain shot from the Anza Borrego desert area, about 2 hours northeast of where we live in downtown San Diego. These are from a recent camping trip:

Desert trees:

"Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X