Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• murofwoh
    Reply to Constructive Criticism?
    murofwoh
    agree lose the slogan ---ha, pretty brash..........................other than that, since you are a youngin', you have a nice start. continue to push the envelope and learn learn learn learn and observe...
    Today, 05:40 AM
  • murofwoh
    so, i have decided to start up a bit of freelancing
    murofwoh
    to help pay the bills. three kids, one a high school junior, plus some big bills coming due have forced my hand. one cool thing is I made this decision after someone asked me to help them out with some...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Logo feedback needed
    murofwoh
    it isn't the worst logo I have ever seen, but it has a bit of a clip art feel to it, like you used a cityscape clip art then a clip art runner then a jet and melded the three. also more exploration with...
    Today, 01:14 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Dojo Dragon Shirt Design.
    BillyLogan
    Great job! Nice choice of colors - young, fun and very happy. Must agree with MaNL though about the character's emotion. But that is not much of an issue. Over-all, you did great, man!
    Today, 01:03 AM
  • cysir
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    cysir
    Thanks for the response! I started out sketching, actually. Thanks for the link!
    Today, 01:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's a couple pelicans taken at the beach this summer.
    not a great shot but not everyone has these prehistorical birds.

Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

keep em coming, this is wonderful to see the landscapes from where everyone lives!
      ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat
        oops sorry .. my typing stinks today
        well its definately not worse than mine (that edit button comes in handy if I can click it fast enough ) < yes thats a double chin
        GNP @ work

Comment

Kat, awesome shots. The one with the railroad track is so evocative.

Gary, love the pelicans, they're such odd looking birds.
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Aww thanks Urst

Gary!! Great shot of the Pelicans

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

very nice shots Kittie! And Gary - I love the pelicans!

I suppose I ought to post some shots of NY - where I'm from. I'll try to post some that are different than Kittie's. These were taken in Upstate NY, where I lived until last October. It's actually not very different from where I am now.

A barn out in the country at sunset:

The summit of Crane Mountain (I didn't see any cranes):

The Minne-ha-ha steamboat on Lake George:

A couple of shots at Sleeping Beauty mountain:

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

This is a great idea for a thread, Morea. I hope to see more from some of our continental friends.

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                  This is a great idea for a thread, Morea. I hope to see more from some of our continental friends.
                  definitely a fun thread! I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's pictures, too!

Here are a few from Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga, NY

Comment

one of my old pelican shots .. off Clearwater Beach pier
                    Attached Files
                    GNP @ work

Comment

they are such neat looking birds! I've never seen one in person.

Comment

and an egret .. sorry for the quality, I scanned these logn ago with an old negative scanner
                        Attached Files
                        GNP @ work

Comment

Originally posted by morea
                          they are such neat looking birds! I've never seen one in person.
                          Morea, I am really missing Florida, how about I take a road trip, slightly drive to the left till I get to NY, pick you up, and we go to da beach yeah one in Florida of course)!
                          GNP @ work

Comment

I'm in Quebec and can't head back to the US until May or so... how about next summer? I've never been farther south than Virginia.

Comment

This is a jacaranda tree, it's in our front yard. I just took this photo moments ago, so it's what it looks like here at the moment:

Here's a pine-looking tree, next to a palm tree, this is just right next door to us, also taken just a few moments ago:

This is what our neighborhood looks like, at least treewise:

That big tall tree is actually two trees, you can't really see it from the photo.
                              Last edited by urstwile; 10-01-2007, 11:56 PM.

Comment

here are some pics from toronto:

portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                                Working...
                                X