November Photo Project: Waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November Photo Project: Waiting

Welcome to the photo project for November! The theme this month is: "Waiting".

Please send the link for your entry to me (morea) by private message. Please do not send attachments, as they don't carry over properly into the voting thread.

(Note: If you have less than 10 posts you will not be able to send private messages; in that case, please post your link in this thread with no image tags and I will add it to the list.)

You can host photos for free at www.thecreativeforum.com, which will also allow you to put your images into the GDF Photo Gallery (when you upload a photo, just select a GDF destination from the dropdown menu). Free hosting is also available at www.imageshack.us, www.photobucket.com and www.tinypic.com.

Please list "November Photo Project" as the subject line of your message.

Photo Project "Rules"

• NO PHOTOSHOP or other photo editing software may be used except for processing (cropping, basic tonal/color adjustments, and resizing) No elements, objects, or images can be cloned, cut out, or taken out of the original image other than what occurs from cropping.

• Photos do not have to be taken during the contest; you can enter photos that were taken before the cutoff date.

• You may only enter photos that you have taken yourself.

• Photos should be suitable for all ages. This forum includes members as young as 13, so please keep entries family friendly.

• One entry per member. If you decide to change your entry, please PM the new entry link and note in the PM that it is to replace a previous entry.

• Please limit photo size to 600 pixel width.

• Cut off date for submitting photos will be November 30th. Happy shooting!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

I'm thinking several of the "Alone" photos from last month would work well for this month.
    www.QuiteGraphic.com
    I'll double check your spelling if you'll double check mine. Two heads are better than one.

Comment

bump!

Comment

Any chance of extending this one just a couple of days into December? I'll be out of town starting Sunday, plenty of photo ops I'm sure, and it's possible I might have something to contribute (never know what'll turn up on our trip).

If not, no sweat. Just thought I'd ask.
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

shouldn't be a problem... I'll let it run through the first week of December.

Comment

Yay, thanks! I'd really like to try to contribute more to these, and a trip out of town is always good fodder.
            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Lol! Damn! We'll be in Chicago airport 8th Dec!
              at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

These threads often need a little bit of bumping it seems, so here's a photo (not an entry for the comp, because it was my husband, not me that took it). It's my oldest daughter waiting at the entrance to a tunnel for the rest of the family to catch up. She was in the sunlight at the mouth of the tunnel, which is how the crazy light effect happened. No photoshop "funny business" other than cropping.

Comment

That's an awesome image considering there was no PhotoShop playning with it.

Kudos to the husband.
                  "Here lies Spug. He never tried an avocado"

Comment

I love it! He's very chuffed with getting something so interesting like that, because he's a "point and click" type of guy with not a lot of interest in photography really. I just wish I'd been wearing something a bit more figure flattering, rather than my old baggy transformers tshirt.

Comment

that's a great shot, frankster.

Bump again, if anybody else has submissions be sure to send them my way!

Comment

So I'm a noob, but here's my entry...

*edit: link collected*
                        Last edited by morea; 11-23-2007, 04:01 PM.
                        don't abuse a friend or hurt one another...

Comment

got it. Thanks!

Comment

Frankster, that is a beautiful photo. I love the position of your daughter's fingers while she waits. I love when kids hold their anticipation in their fingers (or even toes) like that. Its so expressive.
                            Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                            The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                            I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Thanks Tulip. I'm making sure my husband hears all the feedback, so hopefully he'll be inspired to pick up the camera more often.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X