December Photo Project: Delicate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December Photo Project: Delicate

Welcome to the photo project for December! The theme this month is: "Delicate".

Please send the link for your entry to me (morea) by private message. Please do not send attachments, as they don't carry over properly into the voting thread.

(Note: If you have less than 10 posts you will not be able to send private messages; in that case, please post your link in this thread with no image tags and I will add it to the list.)

You can host photos for free at www.thecreativeforum.com, which will also allow you to put your images into the GDF Photo Gallery (when you upload a photo, just select a GDF destination from the dropdown menu). Free hosting is also available at www.imageshack.us, www.photobucket.com and www.tinypic.com.

Please list "December Photo Project" as the subject line of your message. - I receive a lot of private messages, and this makes sure that entries are not overlooked when the time comes to compile them.

Photo Project "Rules"

NO PHOTOSHOP or other photo editing software may be used except for processing (cropping, basic tonal/color adjustments, and resizing) No elements, objects, or images can be cloned, cut out, or taken out of the original image other than what occurs from cropping.

Photos do not have to be taken during the contest; you can enter photos that were taken before the cutoff date.

You may only enter photos that you have taken yourself.

Photos should be suitable for all ages. This forum includes members as young as 13, so please keep entries family friendly.

One entry per member. If you decide to change your entry, please PM the new entry link and note in the PM that it is to replace a previous entry.

Please limit photo size to 600 pixel width.

Cut off date for submitting photos will be January 4th (since we got a late start on this one). Happy shooting!
    Last edited by morea; 12-14-2007, 07:20 AM.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Ooh nice one

Comment

bump.

Comment

I get a new camera on Tuesday or Wednesday...might just have to try it out.

Comment

Exciting, not too sure which way I'm gonna take this one, I have a couple to choose from.
          Congrats on the new camera drazan. might I ask what one?
          Former GD. Current Photographer
          http://ascottmccauley.com/

Comment

Fuji S700 it was only $183 at BestBuy online (sale). So we'll see what the quality is. I had a S5200 before this which was excellent for it's class of camera.

The Fujis5700 does have a super macro setting and can get as closs as .4cm. I did take a picture one pinky width away from my subject. and it came out crystal clear.

I need to pick up batteries (rechargables) and get my other 2gb card from my other camera in to this one.

Didn't have much time to play with it yet, I just got it yesterday.

Jade

Comment

That's awesome, you'll definitely have to let me know what you think of it. I'm pretty sure my girlfriend will be getting a new camera soon.
              Former GD. Current Photographer
              http://ascottmccauley.com/

Comment

bump!

Comment

oooh ive got a good idea.. i think... ill shoot this weekend!
                  www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

Hey,
                    I'm new at this. My image is approx. 5X7. How do I submit it? Do I need to change it or just host it then send? (duh)

Thanks!

Comment

you may need to resize it (depending on the resolution), then host it and send me the link via PM.

If it is 5 x 7" at 72 dpi you are fine - that should be 360 x 504 pixels.

If it's 5 x 7" at 180 dpi on the other hand, it's probably about 900 pixels wide, and therefore too big.

I normally size photos with landscape orientation at 600 pixels wide, and photos with portrait orientation at 500 pixels wide.

You can host for free at any of the following sites:

Originally posted by morea
                      You can host photos for free at www.thecreativeforum.com, which will also allow you to put your images into the GDF Photo Gallery (when you upload a photo, just select a GDF destination from the dropdown menu). Free hosting is also available at www.imageshack.us, www.photobucket.com and www.tinypic.com.
                      Does that answer your question?

Comment

Morea,
                        I think I did it right. I sent you a PM. Please let me know if it's okay.

Thanks so much!

Comment

looks good meccajos, thanks!

Comment

Is there a thread that shows all of the photos submitted or do we see them after the cutoff?

Comment

they will be posted after the cutoff for voting.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X