February Photo Project: Quiet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February Photo Project: Quiet

Welcome to the photo project for February! The theme this month is: "quiet".

Please send the link for your entry to me (morea) by private message. Please do not send attachments, as they don't carry over properly into the voting thread.

(Note: If you have less than 10 posts you will not be able to send private messages; in that case, please post your link in this thread with no image tags and I will add it to the list.)

You can host photos for free at www.thecreativeforum.com, which will also allow you to put your images into the GDF Photo Gallery (when you upload a photo, just select a GDF destination from the dropdown menu). Free hosting is also available at www.imageshack.us, www.photobucket.com and www.tinypic.com.

Please list "February Photo Project" as the subject line of your message. - I receive a lot of private messages, and this makes sure that entries are not overlooked when the time comes to compile them.

Photo Project "Rules"

NO PHOTOSHOP or other photo editing software may be used except for processing (cropping, basic tonal/color adjustments, and resizing) No elements, objects, or images can be cloned, cut out, or taken out of the original image other than what occurs from cropping.

Photos do not have to be taken during the contest; you can enter photos that were taken before the cutoff date.

You may only enter photos that you have taken yourself.

Photos should be suitable for all ages. This forum includes members as young as 13, so please keep entries family friendly.

One entry per member. If you decide to change your entry, please PM the new entry link and note in the PM that it is to replace a previous entry.

Please limit photo size to 600 pixel width.

Cut off date for submitting photos will be March 2nd.

Happy shooting!
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

shhh
    portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

just sent you an entry Morea.

Doc
      Want to know what a true friend is? One who walks in when the world walks out.

Comment

I better turn off the shutter volume...
        The premier New York Rangers forum on the web

Comment

lol

Comment

they came from the darkness.... =)

Comment

sent
              -Sam

Comment

bump!

Comment

Hmm, I don't know if this would classify as quiet. But, to me soothing is similar to quiet, and I think of the beach as a soothing place.
                  Last edited by Red Kittie Kat; 02-24-2008, 08:03 PM.
                  ssD

Comment

I'll send the link to Morea Gray

Thanks for participating

Comment

more entries!!!

Comment

missed opportunity

Originally posted by doctorfoz
                        just sent you an entry Morea.

Doc
                        Morea,
                        It looks like you didn't receive the message I sent on the 7th Feb.

is it too late to add my entry?

thanks
                        Simon

Comment

I trashed the thread and created a new one. Everyone who has voted, please be sure to vote again in the new poll.

Doc, I am sorry that I overlooked your entry. I had received it, but I DID clearly state in the original post:

Originally posted by morea
                          Please list "February Photo Project" as the subject line of your message. - I receive a lot of private messages, and this makes sure that entries are not overlooked when the time comes to compile them.
                          I even made sure it was in color and in bold type since most people seem to gloss over the rules without actually reading them.

Everyone please be sure to do this when you submit an entry. I currently have 189 private messages in my Inbox, and I scan them by title when it is time to compile the voting thread.

Comment

*embarassed

sorry Morea. I'll get it right next time

Comment

No worries, it happens a lot! I just wanted to point out that this is why I ask people to do it that way... I try to be very careful when screening to make sure that I catch all of the entries, but I know that on at least one other occasion someone's entry never made it into the voting thread (and it was quite a good one, too).

Just trying to protect everybody.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X