• Show
Clear All

sending in entry later today xD
    ssD

Comment

When is the voting going to be?

Comment

voting is up, here.

I'm not starting a new one yet, as I don't think that there is enough interest to keep these going... the current project ran for 6 months and only got 5 entries, and was not a difficult subject.

Feedback and suggestions about how to proceed from here are welcome.
        Last edited by morea; 09-06-2008, 09:05 AM.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Although I can understand your disappointment that there's often no response to these projects, maybe the fact that they're in the form of contests is part of the problem? I know that adds a different layer of things for me, since I'd only want to post something that I feel could compete.

What if, instead, they're more in the form of just ongoing projects? Kind of like the "photos from your part of the world" thread? That one still gets people contributing, and the fact that it's themed probably encourages people to contribute since they get to see what others are posting, which probably gives them ideas as to what they could do to contribute as well.

Just a thought.
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I think that was discussed when these project began but at that point people wanted to make it more of a friendly competition, that's what got people participating originally.

Personally, I like the idea, and would be happy to try it to see if more people would be interested. As far as I am concerned, lots of participation is what makes it fun.

Comment

I am not gonna lie... I am just to completely lazy, and couldn't think of anything super fun for "two".

I know, stone me in the courtyard now.
              Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

You know, I struggled with "two" as well. There were actually tons of images I could have shot, but I wanted to knock it out of the park, you know? And get this!...I do not even own a camera. I always use the kids or my work. I think I should buy my own.

Do you think summertime affects the entries? I know I spend more time on line during the cold months.
                Last edited by Tea; 09-06-2008, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I know that personally, since my photography skills are still a work in progress, I'm somewhat intimidated by the contest form, but I love to share when it's just a theme that I feel that I can contribute to. And seeing others' work outside the contest format, as opposed to a formal judging experience is very fun, and often gives me ideas of things to try.
                  "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Wow, I totally didnt even know this thread exsisted. If you do decide to do another I will participate! Even if all I can put in is a crappy entry

Comment

Actually I just stumbled upon this too, hmmm.
                      sigpic
                      The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity
                      ~Rollo May

Comment

Originally posted by morea
                        I think that was discussed when these project began but at that point people wanted to make it more of a friendly competition, that's what got people participating originally.

Personally, I like the idea, and would be happy to try it to see if more people would be interested. As far as I am concerned, lots of participation is what makes it fun.
                        I'd be up for that. I haven't minded it being in the form of a contest, even though I don't ever think I'll win because some of the entries are just fantastic, but it's still fun to join in.

But, I also really like the format of "your part of the world" and like urst said, it would be interesting to see on going photo additions for a theme. You could even make the thread finite, have a date it will close so it doesn't get too huge or something. But don't stop altogether, please, morea! I've enjoyed the contest and photo threads too much!
                        Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                        The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                        I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Ok, I think that the idea of doing away with the contest aspect of it is worth a try.

I'll start a new one along the lines of the "your part of the world" thread... do you think that a month is a good run time for these?

Comment

I do!
                            Reformed Stepford Bubble Popper, The Bottom Three (Charter Member), Spankin' a Pita™

Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.—Steve Martin
                            The way you get a better world is, you don't put up with substandard anything.—Joe Strummer
                            I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'—Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

sounds good to me mo

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I don't have a good digital cam yet, so
                                “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
                                  Reply to 3D view of a logo
                                  KitchWitch
                                  Hi Closer and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                  Today, 01:44 PM
                                • KitchWitch
                                  Reply to Hi there, pixels!
                                  KitchWitch
                                  Hi Nomorext and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                                  Today, 01:41 PM
                                • Appmacguy
                                  Reply to Hi there, pixels!
                                  Appmacguy
                                  Hey there! From Leicester here and happy to give you any tips or advice you might find useful about the area, UK and places where jobs might be found.

Have to let me know what I’m particular...
                                  Today, 01:36 PM
                                • nomorext
                                  Hi there, pixels!
                                  nomorext
                                  Just saying hi from North Carolina, USA. Moving shortly to Leicestershire UK. Anyone local for tips about finding a job in our field over there?
                                  Today, 12:54 PM
                                • Glitchin
                                  Reply to 3D view of a logo
                                  Glitchin
                                  Google: free logo mockup psd and you will find what you're looking for. If you look around that exact mock up is available for free. I have it myself but I can't think where I got it....
                                  Today, 12:45 PM
                                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X