Photo Project: All the small things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Project: All the small things

I thought it could be nice to have a photo project with no end date with the title "All the small things". What you associate with this (besides Blink 182) is up to you, but the idea was to keep away from landscapes and such, and rather focus on smaller things/motives one often overlook on a daily basis. It can be everything from signs and texture to bugs.

There are no strict rules, but I'll start posting some pictures to give an idea of what I had in mind when I made the topic.

Comment

I love your photos Fredrich, you're really a great photog.

Comment

Great project, I'll upload after work
        *thepowerofpotential*

Comment

I'm still a 'little' confused. All the 'small things' seems to translate into, at least for me, good, everyday, found photography. But that should or could also be true about landscapes 'and such'. It's the revelation of the photographer's eye for the 'small thing' that's revealed in almost ANY good shot that is separated from the mass of mediocre ones. At least for me. You might have just as well called this topic, 'discoveries' or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher View Post
            You might have just as well called this topic, 'discoveries' or something.
            "discoveries" eh... maybe I'll photograph the things under my bed
            *thepowerofpotential*

Comment

Now THAT sounds interesting. And more challenging because of the restricted scope.

I think a good photographer can find material just about anywhere she looks. It's not the image that's captured, it's the thought that found it.

Comment

i'm explaining this one, cause i'm probally the only one who will get it. that's me and my fiance. we were highschool sweethearts, and he moved to Cali right after our sophmore year, so we broke up. He moved back about a year ago, looked me up and asked me to marry him!

one of the feral kittehs that live near the old electric company
                The creative world is one big double standard....
                BE YOURSELF BUT CONFORM!!

Conformity is the Disease; Rebellion is the Cure

~Stolen from Bladez

Comment

Now see.... we wandered out of focal depth again. Great stories. Maybe even very interesting captions to otherwise pretty ordinary photos. BUT, that's getting into caption/title dependency. That's what we expect from the fine art crowd where even a pile of fresh doggie doo is art if the 'artist's statement' (or celebrity name) supports it.

Can we (or should we?) be disciplined enough to make these photos stand entirely on their visual storytelling strength? Especially if we're talking 'small' here. In a way, it makes things much more interactive. No?

Comment

Here's one

http://billsoz.blogspot.com/

Comment

This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

"All the small things" made me think of the little things that make everything seem wonderfully rosy and like everything is the way it's supposed to be. This picture makes me feel that way. It's my husband and my youngest daughter. He's on the phone to his mum and she is a pirate bumblebee. I'm sure it will still make me smile when I am 80.

at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Broacher, it cracks me up when someone comes in with an idea and then you try to redefine it. I never understand why you don't just decide this is a thread that doesn't really suit you and not come back to it. I have a lot of threads like that on this board. If I don't agree or don't care to respond in a meaningful way, then I don't come back to it.

Great idea, Friedrich! I see the beauty in small things, too. I love to take walks and see all of the things I miss from zooming by in a car! My six year old has pointed this out to me as well when we go for walks! Next time, maybe we'll both take pics!
                          You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

Well said cornfed. Great topic Fredrich!
                            http://billsoz.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here are a few from me

work play shoot flabfight

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X