X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackphoto
    started a topic Summer Contest Questions! PDN Magazine contests

Summer Contest Questions! PDN Magazine contests

Glad I found this site to mingle with fellow artists!

I am particularly interested in talking to people about photo contests...what are the good ones and what makes a person really want to apply for a specific contest?

I have checked out a couple so far. Some are with PDN mag, CMYK mag, and National Geographic. I am trying to compare them.

Has anyone ever applied for either? They are both annual contests I believe. But I would like to hear the public's opinion.

• PrintDriver
    replied
    The first thing you need to do is read the rules. I went immediately to the Nat'l Geographic site to see what you were talking about and the log-in wanted to much information right off the bat.

Read the rules to see what rights you are giving up in the photo just for submitting it, let alone winning anything with it. Do you give the contest entity permission to use it in perpetuity for whatever purpose they want? Do you want that?

Second, look at the prize. Is it something you really want. A trip to Guatemala?????

Third, are you just looking for glory?

Fourth, have you scoped out the winners from previous years? How do you stand against your competition. Submissions cost money.
    Can you compete with Carlos Sereo on PDN?
    With Tylenol and Chapstick ad execs on CMYK?

You won't know unless you enter, I suppose.

I deleted your duplicate post. No need to post more than once. It gets too confusing.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 06-29-2009, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Breanne.C
    Reply to Helloooooo!
    Breanne.C
    Actually, I do have a print related issue if you'd like to take a stab at helping me with. Should I post in the correct category with the issue and picture that goes with it?
    Today, 10:29 PM
  • Breanne.C
    Reply to Font ID Please
    Breanne.C
    Oh yeah.

Catorze27 Style 1 Bold best matched it, for the exception of the M, which I easily was able to fix....
    Today, 10:14 PM
  • B
    Reply to Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
    B
    You'll need to add an email address for interested designers to contact you and work out details offline.
    Today, 04:34 PM
  • Peter3v
    Logo Design - Font to match and go alongside chosen logo
    Peter3v
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm the owner of a recruitment company whom has a logo that they are happy with BUT would like the name of the recruitment business to be to the immediate right of the logo...
    Today, 12:40 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Poster for a school project
    PrintDriver
    Still doesn't help the student figure out how to come up with a viable concept. If they had done even the tiniest bit of research, your ''concept'' would have been easily discovered. It's on just about...
    Today, 06:54 AM
GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
Working...
X