Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to Need color choice help on logo design...
    Lucifer
    What does this company do?
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    You're in danger of having too many elements. If you're going to make something of the W being different, make it noticeably different (I assumed the Woodruff was in the W font, and took me a while to...
    Today, 04:46 AM
  • jwood
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    jwood
    Thanks for the thoughts and questions. I had several tries with the same font but it always looked too plain. The different fonts seemed to help the logo to stand out but still look professional. I'll...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Skyline

First day at this forum. Is this where people share photos to have them shot down? A.K.A "photo critique".

I've looked around and there are a variety of things around here. Some links to external photo sites, some people posting their own photos but others posting in it as well with the same theme, etc.

I really don't know what to call this thread. Toronto Skyline as the shot that I took or City scapes as to what people should post here.

Either way, I'm just a graphic designer first and I'm experimenting with photography as I find it very beautiful. I take hundreds if not thousands of shots and find one or two pleasing to the eye (obviously I need more practice). Here's a shot of Toronto's skyline as seen from Toronto Island.
    Attached Files

I think your photo is beautiful. I love the reflection of the lights on the water.
    ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

Excellent shot!!!

Comment

wow, well done!
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Thats pretty neat, it looks like the water is frozen.
          match in the gas tank, boom boom

Comment

I think thats beautiful!

Oh and welcome to the GDF
            I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Great shot LeeIs!

Welcome from one Torontonian to another. So what camera are you using ?

It would've been nicer to get more of the water, nevertheless an excellent shot.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeIs
                I take hundreds if not thousands of shots and find one or two pleasing to the eye (obviously I need more practice).
                I'm in that boat too, LeeIs... 40 photos or so to get the "perfect shot". But it's something I really enjoy, and even if practice doesn't make *perfect*, it does make you *better*!

Comment

that's a sweet photo, I likey
                  Less be more.

Comment

Thanks all

Tyger,
                    I'm using a crappy fuji s602z I think lol. Well not that crappy but it ain't an SLR but rather fixed lense.

Morea,
                    40 shots? You've improved immensly I see

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Comment

Hey LeeIs, is that all you got? That photo blows.... PSYCHE!! Actually that photo is sweet. Love the colors!! Very nice!!

Comment

Keith, Are you being sarcastic, AGAIN??
                        It's me the 49yroldguru!

Great photo. Reflections make or break a nighttime picture. Don't get rid of that crappy camera yet!

And it only takes me 39 shots to get that perfect picture. (right)
                        People tell me "Have a Good One!' Hell, I already have a good one, I just need a BIGGER one! - George Carlin

Comment

ooh, maybe I should state "40 shots to get the shot the way I intended" rather than "the perfect shot" - because I still have tons to learn about photography!

Comment

Here's another one from the same night. And Keith making web buttons is my real forte Have ya seen my incredible work in that thread? Plus it AIN'T FREE!!

Thanks Rick.

And Morea, I know what ya mean. Nothing is perfect. I didn't take it that way at all.
                            Attached Files

Comment

that is gorgeous!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X