X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master of Disguise

Here are a few photos I took today of my daughter at a Christmas party. She was Santa’s helper on the horse drawn carriage that he came in on. (This post is disguised as a photography thread but it's just a shameless way of showing off my daughter)

before the party in front of our house

same as above

the little helper
    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

what a ham

it's been a long day

Comment

the photos are actually technically quite good. esp. the last one. Shes going to be a heartbreaker when shes older, you should start brushing up on your grumpy parent routine to scare the boys off.
      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

I think the photos are excellent Gary, espiecally the last one!! She is a beautiful little girl. You should make the one of her waving with Santa into a Christmas card or something

Excellent shots!
        I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Nice shots! Looks like she had a great time. Her smile says it all!!

Comment

she's beautiful!
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
              you should start brushing up on your grumpy parent routine to scare the boys off.
              i've been woking on scaring all the kids in the neighborhood this summer i figure by the time my daughter is in middle school i'll have a good reputation for being the mean old guy with the harley.

Originally posted by D-Zine
              You should make the one of her waving with Santa into a Christmas card or something
              thats the plan. there are about 3 shots that i'm trying to decide between.

Shes going to be a heartbreaker
              She is a beautiful little girl
              Her smile says it all
              she's beautiful!
              thank you all

Comment

You're gonna have your hands full when the boys start showing up...you should start working on a nice gun collection.
                Marketing tips

Comment

Originally posted by jlknauff
                  You're gonna have your hands full when the boys start showing up...you should start working on a nice gun collection.
                  LOL!

When I was growing up my dad had (and still has actually) a pocket knife that he carries in his pocket. When it came to me and my sister dating, he nicely introduced that handy little knife as a "pecker whacker"

Ya might wanna invest Gary! LOL

Comment

She's gorgeous, Gary. Speaking on behalf of all parents in the GDF, there is absolutely no shame in showing off your kids here. You don't even have to play the game, just title your threads "More pics of my daughter. Ain't she pretty!"

-Jason <------- browsing through pics of his son to post later...

Comment

Nice photos. Good exposure. Seems to have been a slightly overcast day. Did you also use a fill flash?

Comment

Originally posted by steve-o
                        Nice photos. Good exposure. Seems to have been a slightly overcast day. Did you also use a fill flash?
                        yes & yes

it was a perfect day. slightly overcast about 70º-74º i almost always leave my flash on. i don't really think it can hurt a photo unless you are looking for shadows.

*edit* also her dress had some sparklies in it & i wanted to try & pick them up. some showed up some didn't

Comment

Good point Jason. I don't have any kids but I don't mind showing off my best friends kids ALL the time. My blog is full of their pics and I have several threads here in the photo section where I show them off. Hey, they can't help it they are beautiful kids!

Now Jason - get to posting! LOL

Comment

Very true. Don't fear the flash. I've been using flash more and more in my photography.

Comment

I love kids that age soooo much! Back home, I would semi-play with every little kid I saw in the mall or street..like a little high five or smile. Over here, I just get weird looks from their parents and a "come here Billy"
                              www.greenthumbcreative.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X