Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This album cover is really cool, but how did they achieve the look?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This album cover is really cool, but how did they achieve the look?

http://www.thegoldenedge.eu/wp-conte..._1024x1024.jpg

Can it be done in RAW? Looks like a slight sepia filter and some grunge brush but I'm not sure. Can anyone provide any insight? Thanks!

Welcome NoahTruth!!

We ask all new members to please have a thorough read through the "stickies" posted HERE with our rules and FAQs, and this link with info on how to navigate this forum. Note that we recently went through a major software upgrade and we're still squashing the bugs.

blog/portfolio

Comment

real quick glance...HDR with heavy filters and textures applied.
      Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
      | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
      | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
        Welcome NoahTruth!!

We ask all new members to please have a thorough read through the "stickies" posted HERE with our rules and FAQs, and this link with info on how to navigate this forum. Note that we recently went through a major software upgrade and we're still squashing the bugs.
        Thank you.

Comment

I am assuming you are talking about the texture, and/or the aged look. Use a photo editor that supports filters, and layers. As Bladez said, there are many filters for adding an old photo look, and the texture is easy. Find a texture like an old cracked wall, change it to gray-scale if you need, and then put it on a different layer under the main photo. Then toggle through layer blending modes to get the effect you want

Comment

Originally posted by skribe View Post
            I am assuming you are talking about the texture, and/or the aged look. Use a photo editor that supports filters, and layers. As Bladez said, there are many filters for adding an old photo look, and the texture is easy. Find a texture like an old cracked wall, change it to gray-scale if you need, and then put it on a different layer under the main photo. Then toggle through layer blending modes to get the effect you want
            Thank you, that was very helpful indeed. And I was referring to the overall look (textures, color dynamics, etc.). I think the main components are HDR and textures.

Comment

Wow amazing

Comment

If you own Photoshop, you can achieve this effect by using Vibrance Adjustment Layer to remove some colors(you can even use Curves Adjustment Layer).
                Then you can use the Color Balance(or the Photo Filter) Adjustment Layer.
                Afterwards, you merge all layers into one and you duplicate this layer and you apply Highpass(Filter>Other>Highpass) and then you set this layer to Overlay.
                And lastly, you just add a grunge brush.

I hope this was helpful.

PS: I didn't try it, but this should work.

Comment

Welcome stendhal!

When you get settled, we ask all new members to have a thorough read through these important threads with our rules, FAQs and inside jokes. Enjoy your stay!
                  Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by PanToshi View Post
                    Welcome stendhal!

When you get settled, we ask all new members to have a thorough read through these important threads with our rules, FAQs and inside jokes. Enjoy your stay!
                    Hello and then you for your welcome.
                    I have already read the rules. Did I do something wrong?

Comment

• PanToshi
                      PanToshi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No, you didn't do anything wrong at all. You got our standard welcome package We like to welcome all new members and provide links to our FAQs for convenience. Thanks for pre-reading the rules!

I Think HDR and filters are the key for this.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X