On the Farm by Jade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Farm by Jade

So this is my little corner of the world now. Lots of country life, wild life, and forgotten places.

((click for bigger sizes))

This is the view from my window: Good Morning

An just for Buda... Baby Cottontail Bunnies

Huckleberry -- he's so gentle.

Awww! Thanks for posting the wild bunny pics. It's been a long time since I saw a wild one. All I've got is a chubby spoilt lop.

Do you have woods where you live? I've been craving a walk among really tall trees. We don't really have woods here in NZ we have bush which is thick and difficult to pick a path through.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Drazan
      Drazan commented
      Editing a comment
      I am in the smack dab middle of the north woods Minnesota. The whole area is full of oak, aspen and birch trees and lakes every 10 miles or so. I'll be taking my camera on walks to capture more. Last walk I saw a mama deer and twin bambies! so cute - but no camera.

• B
      B commented
      Editing a comment
      We have cottontails this year chewing up everything in the yard. As cute as they might be, they're chewing up big patches of our lawn and eating all the flowers. Aggggh!

We live right on the edge of the city and a ways up into the foothills, so our backyard borders the mountains and forest. Over the years, we've had moose, elk, mule deer, foxes, raccoons, cougars, quail, turkey vultures, bald eagles, coyotes. squirrels (of course) and way too many Great Basin rattlesnakes in our backyard. I've never bothered to take photos since they tend to run away when they see me, except for the rattlesnakes, which make me run away.

Cute pup!!

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I love the window view, beautiful

Comment

LOVE the hazy woods photo. I took a winter-snow photo one morning with my iphone that had a similar sunlight haze feeling.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Beautiful Jade! You must feel so much more relaxed with the more rural (and I assume quieter!) life.

blog/portfolio

Comment

• Drazan
            Drazan commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh I do! I actually work with a "sietsa" in the middle of the day. The whole farm does, including the pups. Although I miss being able to just hop over to a store to get something, I love the quiet. The last few weeks has definitely revived my creative side.

• Virgo Nightingale
            Virgo Nightingale commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh, siestas. My only problem with siestas is that they usually turn into 4-hour sleep sessions. There goes the day!

Lovely! Looks as if you are enjoying your new digs!
          “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Holy Crap I love Huckleberry!!! I want him! So cute.

Now I want a dog....a boxer to be exact....thanks for that Jade! (ok ok...truth be told, I've wanted a boxer for a long time now).

Looks like you're going to be in a great frame of mind if that's what you get to wake up to everyday. I'm a bit jealous! Can't wait to see more pics!
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Also found outside the window. She came right up to the field just beyond my little yard and munched away for a good 15 minutes before going back into the woods. It's a little fuzzy because I am way zoomed in.

This is my sister's garden. Almost all of the flowers are children of my dad's garden.

On those days I don't feel like taking a long walk I wonder through the farm yard taking photos.

I think Hulckleberry adopted me. Everytime I'm out in the yard, he comes and sits at my feet. So in love. He's a future stud and will stay on the farm.

Comment

Great pic Drazan ... looks like a lovely place to be

Comment

Flowers. So colorful walking through the yard.

Comment

• PanToshi
                    PanToshi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow. So gorgeous!

Jade, you live in a Disney movie setting. I imagine that you dress up like a fairytale maiden and walk through the woods with a basket picking flowers as you go.

I bet butterflies, birds and wildlife follow you as you sing to them. Just nod and smile Jade, don't ruin the illusion
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

• Drazan
                    Drazan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not that far off Buda. Don't forget leading the pack of pups like the pied piper.

View from the office window. Taken about an hour ago.

Comment

Then Bunny decided to come visit while I was outside this morning. He was about 15ft away and stayed around me for about 10 minutes. I took tons of photos. Wiggly nose...so cute.

((click for bigger)) - lots of pics
                    Wild cottontail rabbit - he's (she's?) not tame, we don't feed him or anything.

Comment

Goodbye little bunny.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
                        Reply to Sort of a Constructivism Inspired Poster
                        seamas
                        I agree with HotButton on just about everything here --especially the extra question parks.
                        Leave extra punctuation to Pam in accounting. You are a Graphic Designer--use a graphic designer solution....
                        Today, 02:51 PM
                      • KitchWitch
                        Reply to Newbie101 here
                        KitchWitch
                        Hi Newbie101 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                        Today, 02:44 PM
                      • B
                        Reply to What specifications of PC laptop should I buy for design jobs?
                        B
                        What PrintDriver said, is accurate for pro-level work. However, since you're on a budget, you can get by with less.

Editing video with 16GB of RAM is doable without too much pain, unless...
                        Today, 02:15 PM
                      • Newbie101
                        Newbie101 here
                        Newbie101
                        Hey, I'm from the middle east, in my twenties, just found my passion for design, and I'm sure I can rock this.
                        I know nothing much yet, but I hope I would learn many from here
                        Today, 01:43 PM
                      • KitchWitch
                        Reply to Having trouble with printers and am very lost
                        KitchWitch
                        Hi Felinafullstop and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                        Today, 01:03 PM
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X