Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought i'd share...

Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Tech Specs (for those who are interested) Camera: Nikon D90 Lens: 18-55 Kit 3 Exposure HDR Merged in Photomatix Further enhanced in Lightroom (Contrast, shadows etc.)

Comment

Nice! Beautiful pic

Comment

Thanks Red Kittie Kat

Comment

It's an interesting shot, I'm not really a huge fan of HDR shots for a couple reasons, both of which are quite apparent here:
          1) they tend to look flat because there is high contrast in the background
          2) Things tend to glow, like the trees in the upper right and a portion of the horizon

I'd be interested to see what the best exposure out of the bracket looks like with little to no post work
          Design is not decoration.

Comment

I understand what you mean in your second point but as far as the first one i'm still a little confused. I thought more contrast equals more depth to an image. As for the original untouched single shot... I don't think i'll be able to find that at all. Lost most my old images when my external HD Died over a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by iValdano View Post
              I understand what you mean in your second point but as far as the first one i'm still a little confused. I thought more contrast equals more depth to an image. As for the original untouched single shot... I don't think i'll be able to find that at all. Lost most my old images when my external HD Died over a year now.
              HIGH CONTRAST makes things feel closer, things in the background are inherently softer whether your looking through a lens or not. Lower contrast areas fall back into a composition and high contrast components become focal points which makes them feel closer. It's basic visual hierarchy. When you have areas of high contrast in the background it makes the background feel closer, so the image loses depth.

Design is not decoration.

Comment

Well I can't argue against that... I know it makes sense theoretically but it just always seems as if the more I add contrast to an image the more it makes the images, for a Lack of better eords, pop. On paper, the less contrasty, the more dull and dead... The more contrast, the life and vibrance is added... It's very simple... But it's not. I understand what you're saying though. I'm gonna check my HD to see if ai happened to send any of those files across before it cransed.

Comment

• kemingMatters
                  kemingMatters commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Try reducing the intensity of the road, it has roughly the same contrast and colour palette as the rocks in the foreground do, this is causing the image to feel a bit shallow.

nice beauty. So natural..!!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Glitchin
                  Comment on Logo Feedback
                  Glitchin
                  I'm confused. This is one of your designs from your original post right? I meant if you could post an image of the logo the client liked, it might help. "They provided me a Logo they want it...
                  Today, 03:24 PM
                • Glitchin
                  Reply to Critique Please?
                  Glitchin
                  This is the latest version. I have thickened the CF and lowered the weight of the sound....
                  Today, 02:58 PM
                • Glitchin
                  Comment on Critique Please?
                  Glitchin
                  Hey thanks for the feedback.

I have tried what you're suggesting with shapes rather than lines, but it didn't work for me.

That's the challenge, making it looking like CF whilst...
                  Today, 02:54 PM
                • PrintDriver
                  Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                  PrintDriver
                  Nice article B, and illustrates my point about being an LLC or a sole proprietor. The LLC is a business entity separate from your personal life. With sole proprietorship, all of your belongings and assets...
                  Today, 12:42 PM
                • B
                  Reply to US Letter sized publications printed in European printing houses
                  B
                  Printers can trim to any size that's required. As a general rule, commercial offset printers don't print on already-trimmed paper stock. Instead they print multiple impressions on large sheets of paper...
                  Today, 12:02 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X