Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the different types of post processing and photography?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the different types of post processing and photography?

I came across a superb list (or thought I did) on mainly post processing photography effects, but I can't find it for the life of me now.
    I will see certain types of processing effects done on images and don't have enough knowledge on how to research the piece. The article I mentioned above made me think a little more on what 'types there are' and was hoping the more knowledgeable ones could help.

For instance here is what I know:

- HDR, Infrared, Sepia, Split Toning, Vintage, B& W, Dave Hill technique, ect, ect

Basically anything mentioned in the 20 google lines brought on by 30 different searches However, the piece I found yesterday mentioned high key, low key, ect. opened my eyes up to different possibilities on what to learn. Silly I know, but any effect, type, ect you could mention would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

I'm assuming you mean alternative photo post processing?

From the top of my head we have Cyanotype, Van Dyke, gum bichromate, polaroid lifts/transfers, mordancage, pinhole...

http://www.alternativephotography.com/wp/processes

If I am wrong and you mean digital techniques (in photoshop or the like), that is a hard question to answer as it is almost infinite.

Comment

• Michah99
      Michah99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! This is PERFECT and exactly what I was looking for

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Stockmile and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

You guys know Librodo's post processing techniques?

Comment

You mean Manny Librodo and his oversharpened, blown out, sometimes grainy photoshop technique?
          Here you go:
          https://www.google.com/search?q=manu...vid=1963347761

This is an older technique and far too overused today.

Comment

Thanks. I was actually curious of his bag of tricks not just one in particular.

Comment

There are a lot of web articles on Manny Librodo's work.
              Have you looked?

Comment

Not recently. last time I looked was 2013. Its the same smooth skin, sharpening eyes, blurring everything etc. I actually have his photoshop action for his skin treatment.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                  Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                  PanToshi
                  Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                  Today, 03:46 PM
                • PanToshi
                  Reply to Looking for comments
                  PanToshi
                  Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                  Today, 03:46 PM
                • PanToshi
                  Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                  PanToshi
                  Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                  Today, 03:40 PM
                • HotButton
                  Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                  HotButton
                  There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
                  Today, 03:36 PM
                • pobrien
                  Flyer Crtitique
                  pobrien
                  Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
                  Today, 01:12 PM
                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X