High-end IPS Display Dielmma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High-end IPS Display Dielmma

G'day folks, Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. This questions pops in my mind from time to time and I hope I can get a different view on this.

So lets say you are a photo editor and you have a high end monitor like Eizo with all the bells and whistles.You edit/retouch the photos and send them off to your client. Now the thing is, unless the client has the similar quality display he/she will not be able to see those fine details/colours or am missing something here?

Colour accurate display could benefit in printing to ensure the maximum colour consistency and all but that's all I could think of in terms of its benefits. What do you think? Cheers

Originally posted by kissdesign View Post
    You edit/retouch the photos and send them off to your client. Now the thing is, unless the client has the similar quality display he/she will not be able to see those fine details/colours or am missing something here?
    You'd send proofs.
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I agree. Send printed proofs. Screen is good for checking spelling and basic errors. You would never choose or proof colour via a client's screen.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Hey Guys, I guess I didn't explained it properly. Lets take printing out of the equation, if I don't have to print the photos that I edit/retouch for my clients, would a high-end IPS $3000 monitor (Eizo) still beneficial for me?

I know for a fact that you get to see a lot more details in a photo on a properly calibrated IPS monitor than your regular TN monitors so theoretically, If I edit those finer details on my monitor, there are more chances that the client will not be able to see those unless he/she has a good quality display.

So in that case, is it worth having a good quality monitor?

Thanks

Comment

Well if there's no printing involved, the detail you can see will be lost on a client viewing images on a non-professional monitor, making the purchase of such as expensive piece of hardware a huge waste of money. I would put that money into upgrading your work machine so its really fast, which will improve your working time, if you don't already have a beast to work on.

Comment

Yes, it is worth having a good quality monitor but you will find it difficult to defend your work if your client's monitor is not as good. I work in print and pre-press with an excellent monitor. Some of my clients can't see the difference between black and dark grey on their monitors.
            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X