Seeking Conversion Software for JPG with bad color balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Conversion Software for JPG with bad color balance

I've got a dozen jpg photos taken with a Samsung Digital Camera PL100. I flubbed the color balance because it was set for incandescent lighting and
    all the the photos taken in the sunlight now have a blue tinge.

Has anybody ever seen some software which will take a photo with this blue tinge and put it back into true colors?
    I believe I saw something like that several years ago but after a couple hours of trying I haven't found the key words to bring anything up on a google search.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	16829

I'm not sure if you can get it back to the true colours. But im sure you can tweak it in Photoshop to the point where it looks like the original. Sorry if this doesn't help, just a suggestion.

Comment

Hi Rapidrain and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

hello...so you have JPGs... that is an issue.
        You can get close with many Auto Color in Photoshop or if you have a program (I use mainly Aperture - similar to Lightroom) that you can tweak the color balance you can come close. then with most of those you can select the color balance tweak and paste it to the other photos.

BUT...like I said before, you have JPG and that is a problem. I found this out the hard way last year. I had my brother shoot my son's birthday party and set up custom WB for inside and outside...he forgot. and one room's photos are all blueish. i tried my best but i couldn't really tweak the colors to make it perfect. close but still off. So, they make great Sepia and B&W photos.

Had you used RAW (and some would say it is a waste of file size and need for it) you can adjust the WB afterward. I have done so once i switched to RAW and the changes you can make are awesome.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

I would take 1 photo and tweak it until you are happy with it. Use a combination of Photo Filter (under Image > Adjustments), Hue/Sat, Levels until you are happy.

Then use Image > Adjustments > Match colour and select that fixed image to load onto all the others. You might have to do a little minor tweaking afterwards but most of the hard work is done.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I solve color blemishes in Photoshop.

Make a copy of the layer.
            Effects>blur>Average
            Image menu> Invert
            Blending mode to Color
            Change the opacity of the layer to get the wanted result

Doesn't work all the the time but often.
            Last edited by Carlo; 06-07-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MikeTyler
              Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
              MikeTyler
              The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
              Today, 06:31 PM
            • John G
              Reply to visually pleasing web design
              John G
              Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Today, 06:26 PM
            • Thug-D
              Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
              Thug-D
              I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
              Today, 05:58 PM
            • mirab
              visually pleasing web design
              mirab
              Hello Every buddy
              What is the best way to learn visually pleasing web design?

Thanks!
              Today, 05:36 PM
            • Glitchin
              Reply to Logo Feedback
              Glitchin
              These all seem quite generic looking to me, but a lot of people do want these generic looking logos. For me the top one is the best of the lot.

I would adjust the tracking to increase space...
              Today, 03:37 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X