Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low rez animated GIFs are enlarged they are blured in Movie mkr / Adobe Premiere.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low rez animated GIFs are enlarged they are blured in Movie mkr / Adobe Premiere.

I haven't decided weather I want to use Windows Movie Maker or Adobe Premiere Pro - (I have unlimited access to both.)

In both programs, when I insert an animated GIF that is very low resolution, it gets blured as it is enlarged.
    I want it to be increased in size, by making every pixel N pixels wide but without bluring of pixels.

How do I achieve that? What is the terminology, the setting I am looking for? Why is this low resolution algorithm so strictly enforced?
    The picture is just an example.

I am using series of old-school animated GIFs and other 8 bit graphics in my high-resolution video. It is part of the design.

Thank you.

I think the term you are looking for is nearest-neighbor interpolation. It may also be simply called pixel resize.

Comment

Two things that might or might not relate to your question, since I'm not completely sure what's being asked.

1. There's no way to enlarge an image while inventing detail that isn't in the original image. Algorithms exist that will help maintain the sharpness of edges, but that's about it, and they don't really work all that well.

2. GIF files eliminate unneeded information from files in order to keep the byte size small. Consequently GIF files have a reduced and fixed color palette that corresponds only to the colors in the orignal image. Let's say we have a GIF image with an adjacent yellow and red pixel. Enlarging that image will reorder and introduce additional pixels. Additional pixels added between the yellow and red pixels should be a shade of orange. In a fixed-palette GIF file, however, that orange color might not exist, so the closest existing color is used, which can result in severe jaggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
        Why is this low resolution algorithm so strictly enforced?
        There's no "strict enforcement" that could be somehow made less strict. The reason you can't enlarge a low-resolution graphic without obscuring its makeup is the same as the reason you can't build a fleet of trucks using just the parts from a single bicycle.
        I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
          Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
          PanToshi
          Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Today, 03:46 PM
        • PanToshi
          Reply to Looking for comments
          PanToshi
          Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
          Today, 03:46 PM
        • PanToshi
          Reply to Flyer Crtitique
          PanToshi
          Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Today, 03:40 PM
        • HotButton
          Reply to Flyer Crtitique
          HotButton
          There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
          Today, 03:36 PM
        • pobrien
          Flyer Crtitique
          pobrien
          Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
          Today, 01:12 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X