Film Photography!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Photography!

Does anyone here use a film camera still?

What kind is it?
    What do you like to shoot?
    What kind of film do you use and do you develop it yourself of bring it to a store (CVS usually develops film still)?
    ----

I have a Yachica FX-3 with a 50mm lens (also Yachica), as well as a Rokinon 28mm lens; I also have a Pentax AF201Sa flash.

The film I have is Kodak Tri-x 400, and Efke IR820 infrared. I have some of both still boxed and unused, so I am not sure how good it is, but I want to start using the camera again. Last I used it was about 2 years ago.
    Last edited by Voltimand; 02-19-2015, 04:45 PM.
    -----
    "You have no friends, you have no enemies, you only have teachers."

Kodak 400 is grainy. Too fast. Not at all good for scanning negs for enlargement much beyond 11"x17"
    Even the black and white stuff, though I like Kodak for B&W imagery.

I haven't worked with a photographer using film for a long time now. Most I worked with used 4" color trans film in a 100 speed with setup done using a polaroid film. Jeez, that was back in 2008.

Comment

• Voltimand
      Voltimand commented
      Editing a comment
      It's old, left-over film that I haven't used since college a few years back. Might use it up before I buy better stuff though.

You ever consider using film again?

About 12 years ago, My wife and I decided to replace her old trusty Nikon 35 mm camera. (she minored in photography in college)
    We got a nice Canon 35mm (Rebel?). It wasn't as durable as her old Nikon, but it came with great features.
    Not long after that I got (for free) a Yashika 35 mm with a sizeable assortment of lenses.

Then about 2 years later we got a digital camera, and never touched the film cameras again.
    (we must have about 6-8 old film cameras, twin reflexes, and others)
    Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X