Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Image

Hey everyone,

I'm doing a project for a Design course and I have created a Hybrid image (visuospatial resonance image).

The idea for my design is to try and convey the feelings a parent has towards their child. I am focusing on the idea of unconditional love and how a parent sees a child vs a bystander’s perspective.

Think of a baby crying in a restaurant. A bystander may just see an annoying baby but a parent will see their baby, not a crying annoyance. I am hoping to convey this message through the use of a hybrid Image. It is an optical illusion where you see one picture – in this case a crying baby – from a far and another picture – a happy baby – when close up. Far away representing the bystander’s perspective and close up being the parent’s perspective.

I was just wondering if I could get your thoughts on the design.

Thanks guys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweaking.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	18147

Hi gspacsic and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Well, just focusing on the dual expression effect of the baby's face, I do see discontentment from a distance, and a relatively calm face closer up, so I'd say you may have pulled it off in that respect.

It would be much nicer if the compositing work was better executed. The background elements don't make any sense, and the lighting they suggest is a serious mismatch to that on the baby's face. All the masked edges of the baby need a lot more work, as well as the skin tones.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I'll do some more work on these aspects.

Comment

Hi gspasic. I think that it's brilliant. You've used the shadows and lighting really well. From a distance (or if you blur your eyes), the baby does look unhappy. But up close when you are focusing more on the individual facial features, rather than the overall expression, the baby looks content.

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by gspasic View Post
            Hey everyone,

I'm doing a project for a Design course and I have created a Hybrid image (visuospatial resonance image).

The idea for my design is to try and convey the feelings a parent has towards their child. I am focusing on the idea of unconditional love and how a parent sees a child vs a bystander’s perspective.

Think of a baby crying in a restaurant. A bystander may just see an annoying baby but a parent will see their baby, not a crying annoyance. I am hoping to convey this message through the use of a hybrid Image. It is an optical illusion where you see one picture – in this case a crying baby – from a far and another picture – a happy baby – when close up. Far away representing the bystander’s perspective and close up being the parent’s perspective.

I was just wondering if I could get your thoughts on the design.

Thanks guys!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n18147[/ATTACH]

I would say that would be a brilliant idea. Good job

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X