Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 5s Photography transfer method

Good morning everyone,

I'm a newbie around this forum and im eager to learn from all the peeps at GDF. Cheers to everyone!
    Alright, so i want to transfer all my iphone photos to a external drive for organizing and curating (i take ALOT of photos).

So:
    • Is there a way to transfer the photos with all the details embedded, such as date, place, etc?
    • If possibly, i wanted to be able to just plug my iphone and use the software to transfer the files to wichever devices i want (hard disk A, B, C, doesnt matter) and dont be stuck to a single device. For example, itunes makes us do the backups on the same folder right?
    • I work with win7 and Yosemite, so a program that would work on both systems would be awesome. (maybe it can even be done with itunes?)

Thanks in advantage,
    fábio

Hi Fabio and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Thank you for your warm, automated welcome. Ill give those links a good look.

Cheers,

Comment

When you transfer images off the phone, the data the phone has entered will go with them and is accessible through Photoshop or Lightroom if you need to edit it. It's stored as metadata in the File>File Info interface.That is, if you have the GPS turned on and the phone has the right date, both of which are kind of iffy on my phone. LOL. Programs like Adobe Bridge can utilize this data. How interactive that is, I've never really explored.

Comment

If you're looking for something more than a straight file-copy, Adobe Bridge is the app you want to use. It will work the same on both platforms, (and with the phone). Plus it will display all that metadata, and give you means to manage and filter by it.
          I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X