Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Agreed, the best way to do it is to not. There are better ways to create direction instead of using an effect that won't translate across all mediums as a crutch.
    Today, 04:39 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    kemingMatters
    I really hate these "typography" pieces, sorry, there's no rhyme or reason to why you treated each word the way you did, none of the treatments augment the message which makes it nothing but...
    Today, 04:32 PM
  • skribe
    skribe
    Did you mean to include a picture? But adding effects to a vector logo sounds like a bad practice to me, because it should be reproducible in one solid color. Can you make use of speed lines?
    Today, 04:11 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Logo Critique: Child Welfare Reform and Family Support Association
    kemingMatters
    It took me a second to see that the child isn't in fact upside down, this is definitely a better direction, I think that closing off the top of the child's head might help alleviate that tension. The...
    Today, 03:07 PM
  • KitchWitch
    KitchWitch
    Hi James and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 03:06 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nature...

Here are some pictures I took while I was outside, some of them were modified with Photshop and some of them werent; is this considered cheating? I' ve just started photography so I don't expect my pictures to be all that great but if you have any tips or suggestions on how to improve please by all means post 'em!

Thanks!

Here they are:

Hope you liked them
    Last edited by Rakien; 04-20-2006, 06:56 AM.

Comment

very nice shots, these are technically very good. Perhaps post some info on how you did them. e.g. camera settings, or what photoshop procedures you used.
      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by cjoe
        very nice shots, these are technically very good. Perhaps post some info on how you did them. e.g. camera settings, or what photoshop procedures you used.
        I'm glad you liked my pictures!

I took them with my little 3.2 Mega Pixel Olympus Digital Camera (D540 ZOOM) around an hour or so before sundown. It's by no means a profesional camera, you can't realy adjust anything. It's basically just point and shoot .

The first three pictures were modified in photoshop.

In the first one, I blurred everything that surrounded the center flower. After that, I sharpened it's petals.

The second picture, was cropped and then its background was darkened while keeping the flowers untouched. Here too I sharpened the the petals of the cherry blossoms.

The grass picture is actualy two grass pictures which I "fussed" together to make one (you can actualy somewhat tell if you look at the center of the picture). Originaly the grass had a darker green color but I made it lighter by adding a semi-transparent green layer. I finished off by sharpening some areas which were a bit blurry (due to the "fusion" of the two pictures).

The last picture was untouched !

Any tips or suggestions?
        Last edited by Rakien; 04-20-2006, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Nice shots, I love the grass shot, you wouldn't know it were two shots, looks like you've got a real talent for photography and your approach to photoshop is quite advanced, well done!
          Web Design and Graphic Design

Comment

Originally posted by erichmond
            Nice shots, I love the grass shot, you wouldn't know it were two shots, looks like you've got a real talent for photography and your approach to photoshop is quite advanced, well done!
            Thank's, you just made my day!

Here are the two original images which I used to create the grass picture:

I used this one for the background...

..and this one for the foreground.

Last edited by Rakien; 04-20-2006, 06:57 PM.

Comment

you're definitely off to a good start. Nice job!
              "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by morea
                you're definitely off to a good start. Nice job!
                Thanks! Do you know if I could buy a fairly good profesional camera for under $200. I know these cameras cost alot and unfortunatly I do not have the money to buy the very best...

Comment

good job! I like!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rakien
                    Thanks! Do you know if I could buy a fairly good profesional camera for under $200. I know these cameras cost alot and unfortunatly I do not have the money to buy the very best...
                    regrettably, I haven't seen a bargain like that. I opted for a camera that I consider "middle of the road" - it's certainly not professional, but it's not just a point and shoot either.

Mine is a Canon PowerShot S2 1S.

To get an idea of what you're looking for, check out the reviews on PC world, or a similar site. http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/index/0,00.asp#

Then you could watch ebay (be very careful who you buy from) or keep an eye out for rebates and sales. Still, it may be a matter of saving for a while longer to get what you REALLY want, or (gulp) putting it on a credit card, though over time you will end up paying more for it that way.

Hope that helps some.
                    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

hi
                      i'm doing an art project for my ap art drawing class, and my concentration is sakura blossom. i was wondering if you can help me take some pictures or i can use the second picture. please email or post your reply as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by vi3tz_ang3l
                        hi
                        i'm doing an art project for my ap art drawing class, and my concentration is sakura blossom. i was wondering if you can help me take some pictures or i can use the second picture. please email or post your reply as soon as possible.
                        Umm... maybe you should check the date of this thread. It was almost a year ago. Also, if you need help please start your own thread and explain your situation instead of highjacking one. Also, people will be more responsive to your current situation if given it's own thread.
                        Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Well said Ex ... Closing this up.

Feel free to start your own thread vi3tz

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X