Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about digital camera exif data (metadata)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about digital camera exif data (metadata)

I'm currently trying to trace several photos found on the internet. I've found different-sized images all containing the same exif data. I have used an exif tool to read the data. The exif data in the different-sized photos includes three matrix tables that have 10 numbered columns and numerous rows with names like g1(OX), a11, w0-w150, f10-f19, etc. Not sure what those are.

I had thought that if you resize an image you erase - or at least modify - the initial exif data. Does this suggest that the persons who took the photos published multiple-sized copies of the pictures on the net, as opposed to other persons on the net resizing the images for publication on their own sites?

Is there anyway to tell which is the earliest version of the file?

If this question is better posed to a digital photography forum, by all means recommend one (or more)!

Almost all digital cameras and smartphones save photos with EXIF (Exchangeable Image File) data. Camera settings and scene information are recorded by the camera into the image file. Examples of stored information are shutter speed, date and time a photo was taken, focal length, exposure compensation, metering pattern and if a flash was used.
    EXIF data can be read by several applications. The software that came with your digital camera lets you view the data. Other viewing applications include EXIF web browser plug-ins, photo editing and organizing programs and smartphone apps and some printer drivers. The printer drivers use the EXIF data to automatically enhance images and can result in a better looking prints.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
    Working...
    X