Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me what do you think about my PS work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me what do you think about my PS work.

Hi,

I am not very good at PS, but I want to be better. Could you please tell me what do you think about my first photo manipulation work? No need to be easy on me
    Attached Files

Well done!
    The editing is not visible and the grain is consistent all over the final image, but most of all lights and shadows are consistent!
    Many people forget about light sources and shadows making obvious that the image has been edited.

If I really have to spot something to improve, I'd say the moon is maybe too much covered in light and brighter than the hand, on the other hand this helps to focus attention on the moon itself which is what you want.

Comment

I would have made the background image far more interesting...
      The moon shadow appears slightly off in relation to the light on the hand.
      I also might have rotated the moon a bit, rather than having it look like something clipped out of a night sky image. If you are holding it in your hand, it doesn't need the familiar up-down relationship it would have hanging in the sky.

Comment

Hi Vjjokhnr1 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandorino View Post
          Well done!
          The editing is not visible and the grain is consistent all over the final image, but most of all lights and shadows are consistent!
          Many people forget about light sources and shadows making obvious that the image has been edited.

If I really have to spot something to improve, I'd say the moon is maybe too much covered in light and brighter than the hand, on the other hand this helps to focus attention on the moon itself which is what you want.
          Thanks man apreciate it

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
          I would have made the background image far more interesting...
          The moon shadow appears slightly off in relation to the light on the hand.
          I also might have rotated the moon a bit, rather than having it look like something clipped out of a night sky image. If you are holding it in your hand, it doesn't need the familiar up-down relationship it would have hanging in the sky.
          I was going for that "I have a moon in my drawer" look but yeah next time I will make background different. Thanks for reply I will rotate that moon next time too.

Comment

Everything looks pretty good except I'd add more of a shadow on the moon on the bottom left side to make it look more grounded to your hand.

Also, looks like you cut off some of the moon on the left side (see pic)
            If you don't know the difference between Helvetica and Arial, we can't be friends..

Comment

yeah I already fixed that cut error thanks for tips

Comment

It is well done, apart form what has been said, the only thing I would suggest is using a different image of a hand; it feels a bit awkward that no fingers are visible, or maybe if the thumb were in front of the moon. Either of those adjustments might help it feel more believable.

Last edited by kemingMatters; 06-27-2016, 09:29 AM.
                Design is not decoration.

Comment

Yes, many people forget about light sources and shadows making obvious that the image has been edited.

Comment

Hi Pigeon9119 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

When you outlined the planet you should have used the circle marquee tool. This is too chopping near the "9:00" area.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X