No announcement yet.

Choosing a Camera

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a Camera

About every 6 months I post this, but I need updated info and it seems like things change every day in the camera industry. I have a little Canon PowerShot s500. Worked well, but now I'm ready to actually learn about photography. At the moment, I know nothing: except what I want.

I need a digital camera that will have the image I want in sharp focus, but the surrounding images blurred - in short, I need a lens.

Any recommendations? Do you guys know what I mean??

Sounds like you might be in the market for an DSLR. If you are, get your wallet ready.
    You can check out this thread too.
    In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Latest Topics

• B
      Reply to Creating Text Effect in Illstrator
      Honestly, I wouldn't do it at all. Beveled, 3-D typography is sort of, well, yucky.

Anyway, yes, it's possible in Illustrator, but would require complicated and difficult blends. There...
      Today, 06:56 PM
    • PrintDriver
      Reply to Creating Text Effect in Illstrator
      Heaven forbid Adobe Bevel and Extrude give you a classic Roman profile for a letter form.
      Unless there is a plugin out there that gives additional profiles, getting that effect is going to require...
      Today, 06:53 PM
    • Buda
      Reply to Alternative to offset for metallic printing ?
      We have a digital printer (fuji xerox Color 1000i) that prints silver and gold metallic toner. It's a lot cheaper than offset, especially for small runs and even one offs.
      Today, 06:50 PM
    • PrintDriver
      Reply to Have A Great Thanksgiving!!!
      Pies are in the oven now.
      Gonna make the bread and turkey tomorrow.
      Sweet potatoes from the garden too.

Might have to check that the pies taste all right tonight though. Smell...
      Today, 06:29 PM
    • PanToshi
      Reply to Have A Great Thanksgiving!!!
      Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
      I'm going to feast on roast bird and cranberry jelly with friends until I'm about to burst and then waddle my way home.... maybe just one more theen, leetle waf-fer......
      Today, 06:13 PM

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright 2013 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us