Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    <b>
    When I think of Adrian Frutiger, I think of, well, Frutiger, which is sort of a humanist grotesk, maybe. Then I think of Myriad Pro. Of course Frutiger didn't design Myriad, but Myriad is pretty much...
    Today, 05:58 AM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to Critique and suggestions on a logo concept
    Pavlo
    I understand what you are trying to achieve (and I have seen some other good examples in a similar style) but to me it doesn't read as 'EFM'. It seems incomplete. Needs more work. Or a different appr...
    Today, 05:46 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    Good one <b>! When I think of slabs I think of Adrian Frutiger... but when I think of think grotesks Helvetica always is first on my list ...sigh.

So since we are creating a list ......
    Today, 05:33 AM
  • janetm1000
    Reply to Is this an unreasonable request from my client?
    janetm1000
    As someone who has also worked on client's side, I'm going to offer this point of view:
    you are adding a lot of value in doing these type of "odd jobs" for them. They know they can rely...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Critique and suggestions on a logo concept
    Kayekaye
    There is no recognition of your initials without knowing what they are. Nicely executed but conception is weak. Try another avenue.
    Today, 04:33 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Garricks. Yup, it's huge news. We've been laughin', dancin' (and I'm not a very good dancer at all), riding bikes, and taking pictures all afternoon and evening. If life got any better, we both are gonna have to take a nap
    What others think of you is none of your business

Comment

• Shoot wide open, live wide open, laugh as much as you can, jump and hope there's a net
      …and dance like nobody's watching.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

• Greatest thing about that, Garricks, is now I have a permanent dance partner,and believe me we'll be doin' some dancin' (and wrestling, and finger pullin', and other boy stuff)

Comment

• Aww Rodney ... I had a feeling that's what it was when you mentioned seeing to it he kept sleeping peacefully

I think that is wonderful! I know his PawPaw will take very good care of him. Obviously there is other stuff going on ... so this sounds like a great respite for the little guy.

Just be prepared .. those little guys can be exhausting

(((Rodney))) congrats my friend xx

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

• Originally posted by redneckrodney View Post
            If life got any better, we both are gonna have to take a nap
            hahahah that's a great line. good to hear you guys are both stoked about it, when does he get a camera to play with?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

• You're good man, Rodney. I'm glad to hear things worked out and you can take care of him.

Comment

• *high five* Congrats Rodney! Glad things worked out the way the did for ya.
                Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

• Thank you all for the thoughts and kind words. We're just so happy to be together . Kittie, yeah, tiring is right, but I don't mind to be tired. Typ, I think I posted this before, but, yup, of course he's got a camera of his own (but I do need to teach him that life goes on wile you're off chimping).

Good thing is, we got some help. His Mamaw is fully on board

so it's all gonna be good.
                  Thanks again everyone.

Comment

• About 5 mins from home (walking) .... Love this old truck!!
                    Attached Files
                    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Comment

• I'm really happy for you Rodney ♥

Great old truck Donna

Comment

• Checked out the old planes during the plane show at the local airport over the weekend.
                        My SmugMug
                        Google+
                        Mac Pro Snow Leopard 10.6 CS5 Design Premium Lightroom 4 Canon EOS Rebel T1i

Comment

• That is great Syphon! Love the clarity

Here are a couple of my herb garden. I've always wanted one .. but I can't kneel down to garden properly so my loving Sister set me up a little work table with lots of pots ... so I promptly filled them and now I have beautiful little plants. Even though something appears to like my Sweet Basil

Rosemary

Lemon Thyme

Sage, Mint, Oregano, Rosemary, Basil

They were all just tiny babies and now they are huge plants

Comment

• And here is my Sister's Rose of Sharon. It's so beautiful

Comment

• Those are gorgeous Kittie! I wish I could do that.
                              "It's not that I don't want to trust people. It's that they give me reasons not to." ~ Me

Comment

• Thanks again y'all for all the kind thoughts and words. Boy, have we been in a whirlwind the last little bit. DonnaL, love the truck. Syphon, great shot of the plane. Kittie, your garden looks great. Is there a special "Typically" section hidden in there somewhere ? Oh yeah, Typ, here's another of him with his own camera

We been doin' lots of walking around, taking pictures, a little bit of fishing, lots and lots of talking, and just generally loving our new life

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X