Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 minutes from home

Per Broacher's request, I'm gonna start this thread. I actually think it's a great idea (thanks Broacher). Anytime you can get out and shoot with a purpose in mind, I truly believe it only makes you better.
    So, here's the deal:
    Shoot something that's 10 minutes (by walking, bicycling, driving, boating, or whatever) from home, do at least one shot per week, and post them up here. Subject can be pretty much anything (as long as it's legal and safe for work), just so it's 10 minutes from home, and post them up here.
    I guess I'll start with a walk I took today. These were literally a 2 min. walk from my apartment

and all I did was turn around, in exactly the same spot, and shot these

What others think of you is none of your business

What a lovely idea! Pics are gorgeous btw redneckrodney.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Thanks Buda,
      It was Broacher's idea (dammit)
      I really do thinks it's a great idea. It will not only give everyone who's interested a reason to get out and shoot, but it will also give us all a reason to get out and see things that we've looked over.

Comment

These are obviously not from today. But they are 10 minutes from home.
        Last edited by PanToshi; 02-23-2012, 11:23 AM.
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Great shots Pan Toshi. I really like the bridge. Here are mine for the week...
          The one of the bird was taken thru my living room window. Not a great shot, but it did make me realize I need to clean my window. The second was taken from the 14th floor balcony of my apartment building. Maybe a little overdone, but I still kinda like it

Comment

Very cool concept Rodney/Broacher I'll be sure to get in on this a little bit

I'm starting a similar project on Feb 1st. I'm going to be doing 1 photo a day, for a year, to capture either a new experience, or to summarize my day in a single shot, etc. This will fit in nicely with the project. The ultimate purpose is to just get out there and get shooting.
            Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
            | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
            | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrodney View Post
              It was Broacher's idea (dammit)

Well actually it was Moreas idea first - Same concept anyway

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=30673

Those are really great pics Rodney. I love the bright Graffiti shot

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

sweet! i've been looking to use my camera for more than taking photos of food and my cats only problem is that by the time i get home it's already dark i'll have to do these on the weekend until the sun starts staying out longer.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

10 minutes from my house? This one is about 70 seconds from my house! I enjoy a sunset/sunrise as much as the next person but I have a special spot for photos that are big, red and LOUD! (note, the photo lost a lot of its detail when it was downsized).

Boys and their toys.....
                  Attached Files
                  "No one ever called the fire department for doing something smart"
                  - unknown

"There's never enough time to do it right; but there always seems to be enough time to do it twice!"
                  - Me (not really, but I say it a lot)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                    Well actually it was Moreas idea first - Same concept anyway

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=30673

Those are really great pics Rodney. I love the bright Graffiti shot
                    Kittie,
                    I really didn't mean to overstep my boundaries. I didn't mean this to be like Mo's post. I love Mo's thread, cause you can see different parts of the world where other people live. I meant this to be more of a deal where people could sign on to put up a pic every week that is within 10 minutes of their home, mostly so we could all practice learning to see things that we routinely overlook. Just seemed like a good idea .
                    Broacher done it, dammit

Comment

Great minds, you see. Speaking of Mo, what's the story there? Did I miss something? Where is our princess charming of the GDF these days?

Comment

that is great.I love these picture.tks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher View Post
                          Great minds, you see. Speaking of Mo, what's the story there? Did I miss something? Where is our princess charming of the GDF these days?
                          Mo's around, she's just busy straightening out the library and looking over her glasses at those making too much noise.
                          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Rodney darlin you didn't over step anything

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                              Mo's around, she's just busy straightening out the library and looking over her glasses at those making too much noise.
                              why are you pointing a finger at me badgerman???
                              Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                              | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                              | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X