scanner for mounted slides?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scanner for mounted slides?

I had access to a Nikon film/slide/negative scanner for while and was able to scan a number of slides (out of about 30 years' worth of family vacations, graduations, etc. etc....) for a photo frame for my folks.

Unfortunately, the owner needed it back before I got near enough slides scanned...

Does anyone know of a scanner that will take mounted slides? I can find numerous ones that will scan negatives or unmounted slides, but I'm finding nothing other than Nikon-priced scanners that will do the slides that are in their little frame thingies...
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

I have an HP 4010 which has a place to "slid in" slides or film. Yes, it does seem to take the mounted slides. I've used it for the past year and it has done a fabulous job of scanning negatives and photos, and odd bits of things. I don't have slides to test for you though.

Comment

I have a Canon 8800 that has a mounted slide holder, a light lid and will scan the slides as individual files. It only holds 4 slides at a time though. It does scan fairly fast and does a fairly decent job (you don't want to use it for going much over 8"x10" if you like pixel-sharp photos) but don't know if I'd want to do thousands that way.

Have you checked into renting one from a photography shop perhaps? Might take some calling around. They aren't as common as they used to be.

Comment

Artistsdad,

You might check this out (and there is a pretty good rebate right now) . Never used it myself, but good reviews. An acquaintance of mine has one, and he's been very happy with it. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...E_Scanner.html
        What others think of you is none of your business

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
          Comment on Making vector art with a natural look
          B
          Yeah, I keep forgetting this is a student forum and tend to give advice as though it's a real-world situation.

The original post was about a school assignment to convert raster art into vector...
          Today, 08:55 PM
        • Buda
          Comment on Menu Concept for Portfolio feedback
          Buda
          If this is a printed menu and not interactive with rollovers, the first burger shouldn't be highlighted.
          Today, 07:49 PM
        • Buda
          Reply to Online portfolio Feedback
          Buda
          Hi Guilhem, the website is very slow to load. If I was a client I would not wait that long for the images to come up. Your images haven't been optimised for web. You need to replace them all with web...
          Today, 07:48 PM
        • Buda
          Reply to Looking for a special printing technique for a poster in low batch
          Buda
          I've had some decent results printing onto uncoated black card using a black photocopier.

This might be the cheapest, low run option out there. Get a test and see if you like the black toner...
          Today, 07:38 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Making vector art with a natural look
          PrintDriver
          B, you and I would both look askance at the employee wasting time and money trying to make a silk purse using a sow's ear, and I have absolutely no use for a commercial illustrator that can't turn something...
          Today, 06:58 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X