scanner for mounted slides?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scanner for mounted slides?

I had access to a Nikon film/slide/negative scanner for while and was able to scan a number of slides (out of about 30 years' worth of family vacations, graduations, etc. etc....) for a photo frame for my folks.

Unfortunately, the owner needed it back before I got near enough slides scanned...

Does anyone know of a scanner that will take mounted slides? I can find numerous ones that will scan negatives or unmounted slides, but I'm finding nothing other than Nikon-priced scanners that will do the slides that are in their little frame thingies...
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

I have an HP 4010 which has a place to "slid in" slides or film. Yes, it does seem to take the mounted slides. I've used it for the past year and it has done a fabulous job of scanning negatives and photos, and odd bits of things. I don't have slides to test for you though.

Comment

I have a Canon 8800 that has a mounted slide holder, a light lid and will scan the slides as individual files. It only holds 4 slides at a time though. It does scan fairly fast and does a fairly decent job (you don't want to use it for going much over 8"x10" if you like pixel-sharp photos) but don't know if I'd want to do thousands that way.

Have you checked into renting one from a photography shop perhaps? Might take some calling around. They aren't as common as they used to be.

Comment

Artistsdad,

You might check this out (and there is a pretty good rebate right now) . Never used it myself, but good reviews. An acquaintance of mine has one, and he's been very happy with it. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...E_Scanner.html
        What others think of you is none of your business

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Troep
          invite card for a Christmas ball
          Troep
          Ayy a guy made this invite card for a Christmas ball I like it very much the background, i wanna know which effects and how he made this background
          https://imgur.com/a/2ZHw3
          Today, 01:24 PM
        • B
          Reply to Hello....
          B
          Hi Troep. Welcome to the forum!

Here are links to the forum rules and some useful information that we try to give to all new forum members -- just to get you started.

http:/...
          Today, 01:23 PM
        • Troep
          Hello....
          Troep
          Hello I'm Troep and i'm new to this forum
          Today, 12:53 PM
        • B
          Reply to Illustrator: "colored" grain effect?
          B
          Which grain type did you select from the drop-down menu. If you selected stipple, it will make it B&W. Otherwise, I don't know why you're getting that effect. Honestly, though, I tend to avoid raster-based...
          Today, 12:43 PM
        • calebninja
          Reply to Sizing Photos for Portfolio Grid in WordPress
          calebninja
          Can you provide a link to your website so we can see what you mean about the sizes?

Are you having an alignment issue?
          Today, 09:50 AM

Incredible Stock
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X