Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• AmitMan
    Reply to First job out of college, totally overwhelmed and need advice
    AmitMan
    Never underestimate the use of keyboard shortcuts. Even though this might be something like a prerequisite to getting a job in design, make sure you know all the most used shortcuts. Also know the tool...
    Today, 01:25 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Landing Page Design Help
    Buda
    Hi janderson100 and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how...
    Today, 12:28 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Self Logo Critique
    Buda
    I think the monogram logo is complicated enough. It's nice, but complicated. You don't need the heart shapes at all.
    Today, 12:26 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to How to cut down on meetings?
    Buda
    Thanks guys, I usually do meetings for free (people don't usually want to meet with me all that much) but will build it into my T&C from now.
    Today, 12:25 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on 7pt. Font size is industry standard for body text?
    Buda
    Who have you been overridden by? Can you say on the record that the text is too small?

I often do this if I'm working with a difficult client. At least when the job is printed, and the client...
    Today, 12:23 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scanner for mounted slides?

I had access to a Nikon film/slide/negative scanner for while and was able to scan a number of slides (out of about 30 years' worth of family vacations, graduations, etc. etc....) for a photo frame for my folks.

Unfortunately, the owner needed it back before I got near enough slides scanned...

Does anyone know of a scanner that will take mounted slides? I can find numerous ones that will scan negatives or unmounted slides, but I'm finding nothing other than Nikon-priced scanners that will do the slides that are in their little frame thingies...
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The USA will not survive without another revolution. Soon.

I have an HP 4010 which has a place to "slid in" slides or film. Yes, it does seem to take the mounted slides. I've used it for the past year and it has done a fabulous job of scanning negatives and photos, and odd bits of things. I don't have slides to test for you though.

Comment

I have a Canon 8800 that has a mounted slide holder, a light lid and will scan the slides as individual files. It only holds 4 slides at a time though. It does scan fairly fast and does a fairly decent job (you don't want to use it for going much over 8"x10" if you like pixel-sharp photos) but don't know if I'd want to do thousands that way.

Have you checked into renting one from a photography shop perhaps? Might take some calling around. They aren't as common as they used to be.

Comment

Artistsdad,

You might check this out (and there is a pretty good rebate right now) . Never used it myself, but good reviews. An acquaintance of mine has one, and he's been very happy with it. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...E_Scanner.html
        What others think of you is none of your business

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X