Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belgium's Abandoned Crypts

Eerie but beautiful ... not sure I could handle the spiders though

A dark, eerie corridor leading to the resting places of the dead.

Treading deep underground, Sven Fennema explores the realm of the dead a place where people were buried long ago. The labyrinthine tunnels of an old, abandoned crypt lie before him, full of mementos, grave plates, and the traces left by those who loved and came to pay their respects to the deceased.

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/news-crypt

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

I wanna go !!
    http://billsoz.blogspot.com/

Comment

All those poor, forgotten souls.
      This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
      "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

With plastic flowers, you're never forgotten.

Comment

I'd love to go there.
          When I was in Paris (years and years ago) I took all my film in the Pere Lachaise cemetery.
          Creepy knowing one day all of us will be in the same state, and forgotten, even with plastic flowers .
          sigpic
          The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity
          ~Rollo May

Comment

I don't know if it's the same Paris cemetary, but I always felt sorry for the people whose late relatives were buried near Jim Morrison.
            People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
            -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Ya, same cemetery, I was (am) a big Jim Morrison/Doors fan, I went to put my contribution of fan art on his grave (I was 18 ) and to see his final resting place, but I loved the whole place...such an odd feeling being there. But the graffiti was just awful, felt it was so incredibly disrespectful, and it was all over the graveyard, not just near his grave.
              sigpic
              The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity
              ~Rollo May

Comment

My ex-husband is Flemish. The Belgians are out of their collective minds.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X