Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to Where can I find help with vehicle graphic design?
    skribe
    I designed and applied vinyl car graphics and wraps for a number of years when I was working in the sign industry.

It is true that door handles are best avoided, but sometimes it is not possible,...
    Today, 09:12 AM
  • guiri
    guiri
    The back is much easier 'cause the excursion has a big back window and being that it's a big truck, the whole thing is pretty wide but I also want something on the sides so I can be seen from all sides....
    Today, 07:42 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    <b>
    I really didn't define what I meant by important. For that matter, I'll still leave it fuzzy since there's really no way to objectively measure such a thing.

As for Comic Sans, I'd say it's...
    Today, 06:01 AM
  • guiri
    guiri
    ISitude, thanks. You know, things would be soo much simpler if people just did what they're supposed to. ESPECIALLY if they have gotten paid. Oh well. Anyway, wraps are cool as hell and although I really...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    True that <b>. .. and Comic Sans is on most computers too ...sigh.

To me Zuzana's work is most notable because of the contribution to creating bitmap fonts from the most early days......
    Today, 03:46 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera is Fubar'd

Hey Guys,

We currently have a Pentax K20D and somebody from upstairs knocked over our camera in the photography room and now the viewfinder is blurry as pancake.

We tried cleaning it but I think it's something on the inside of the camera that's fubar'd. The images are still coming out fine but it's hard to see the pictures when you're trying to judge angles and such.

The only thing that's important about this specific camera is that it has an outlet for a flash. (image attached)

Any of you guys know of any Canon's/Nikon's with this particular outlet? Or can we get some sort of external trigger if we go Canon because we'll most likely have to purchase a new camera.
    Less marketing douchebaggery, MORE TANKS!

You'll have to go to the "prosumer" line (no rebels or whatever the cheap end of Nikon is).

Canon 7D would be awesome, if that's too expensive a used 40D or 50D would be cool too.

OR you can get radio triggers like the yongnuo ctr-301s, they are triggered by the hot shoe (so you don't need the plug you're pointing out) and they are pretty cheap on ebay. There's a few different models, i don't know what would suit you best, it depends on your lighting set-up.

I can try and explain more if it sounds like something you're interested in.
    Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
      We currently have a Pentax K20D and somebody from upstairs knocked over our camera in the photography room and now the viewfinder is blurry as pancake.
      Has that somebody joined the job-hunting cue?

Comment

Yeah Squawky that's what I had in mind too. We have a hanging soft-box (big mo-fo), who's plug fits into that slot in the image I attached.

Even if we could just get a trigger like the one you're talking about that would be great. No more stupid wires. I just don't know how to rig the Flash to set up with the Trigger...

Comment

Why don't you get that camera fixed?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Costs 300$ to get it fixed. It's going to take about 6 weeks and we cannot go without a camera for that long in which case we'd need to rent one and the cost of renting a camera for that long we'd basically be paying for a new one.

Comment

Is it not like a car? You get a rental while that one is being fixed?

Ah well I have no suggestions. I don't know cameras.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/CTR-301-Flash-.../dp/B002W2DPYC

Here's a trigger with one receiver, and this has the PC cable (flash can either sit in the hot shoe of the receiver or if it only has a PC cord you plug it into that) I think there are sets out there for up to 3 receivers. I use these at work all the time and haven't had a problem, though these aren't the most advanced so if your in an area that has a lot of radio interference it might misfire more. If you really need reliability Pocket Wizards are supposed to be the industry standard, but they are pretty expensive. If you're just shooting product photography and not in critical time sensitive (like an event) situations then the Yongnuos should work fine.

Then you can get like a Rebel T3i and be able to do video too!
                Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

Also, these work with just about any camera and any flash (so you can buy some cheaper flashes, just don't use them on the
                  camera). All the settings have to be done manually though. Here's a video showing how they go together a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNFoM6xDlb8

Edit: What do you shoot, TA? I'm assuming product type stuff, but my suggestions might change depending on what you do.
                  Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

Ahhhh I think I understand.

So one goes on the camera while the other gets the PC cord from the Flash plugged into it.

Am I getting that?

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty much all product photography.

We have one of these bad boys

So it's not like we can do very many action shots

All products mainly.

Comment

yeah, the trigger goes on the camera's hotshoe and the flash can either be triggered by the hotshoe or the PC cord on the receiver. Just make sure the batteries are good (the manufacturer's batteries aren't the greatest so you may need to replace them in the receivers) and they are set to the same channel.
                        Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

Squawky, from what it looks like,

The right image looks like it goes on the camera itself... but still has a plug for the PC cord. If that's the case, is there a way to run the Flash's PC Cord into the other receiver or am I not getting it...

Comment

Also, they are cheap enough you can have multiple sets in case something fails. Always good to have back-ups in photography.
                            Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

Originally posted by The Artist View Post
                              Squawky, from what it looks like,

The right image looks like it goes on the camera itself... but still has a plug for the PC cord. If that's the case, is there a way to run the Flash's PC Cord into the other receiver or am I not getting it...
                              No, the left one goes on the camera's hotshoe, the right goes with the flash.
                              Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X