Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Share and feel of a new member
    <b>
    That looks like Ha Long Bay -- a place I've always wanted to visit. The rock formations and the water look amazing. Have you been there? Did you take the photo?
    Today, 09:02 PM
  • tetworx
    Web form design
    tetworx
    Happy holidays designers.

This form is a simplified version of a medical form that previously took users 10-15 minutes to complete. I'm looking for suggestions as far as color patterns,...
    Today, 07:02 PM
  • buicongthai
    Share and feel of a new member
    buicongthai
    Please introduce, my name is Thai, I'm a Viet Nam. I am glad to learn this and know of the GDF to you, maybe it will help me improve the skills of image processing, it is also thanks to the great article...
    Today, 06:51 PM
  • scratchy
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    scratchy
    If I received that as digital, I would look for another digital printer. I found one in my area and they do amazing work with their equipment. Here is an iPhone image taken from five inches away......
    Today, 04:05 PM
  • chankaieng
    My recent works (water color)
    chankaieng
    Hi all,
    these are my recent drawing execute with water color...
    Today, 01:16 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, that's a fine looking camera.

You'll just have to shoot some, make sure to write down your settings so you know what you do right and wrong without having to guess too much. I know nothing on fixing things though. Looking forward to seeing your results!

...and now I want to try cyanotypes, but I don't think that will happen any time soon
    Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

I think I'll shoot some more tomorrow and see if I can at least get consistent speeds. Then I can make a note of them and compensate with aperture.

Now to look for a scanner. The Canon Canoscan 5600F and the Epson Perfection V500 look well suited for the job. The Epson has Digital Ice dust removal, but is it worth the extra time and money? I suppose I could just use a dust cloth.

Comment

Make sure you can scan in medium format size, the canon doesn't look like it does.
        Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

Good point, I missed that. Looks like it's the Epson, then.

The Canon 9000F has higher resolution yet, but I'd probably just be scanning film grain at resolutions over 4800 DPI.

Comment

I do most of my photography with a pair of Minolta XD-11's, and a ton of assorted lenses. Great camera, the first on the market with aperture and shutter priority modes (as well as manual).
            "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make when they go by." - Doug Adams
            LinkedIn

Comment

That's so cool!

When we were kids, Dad picked up a box brownie camera. He let us play with it and it eventually ended up in our toy box. We used to pretend to be photographers all the time but never tried it with film to see if it worked. It received a considerable amount of abuse from general rough and tumble play, might have gotten broken in the process.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Hi there! if you want to try analog photography but you want something really different too, maybe you can go and try lomography. Lomography is another type analog photography but the cameras you will be using are known as "toy cameras". They are called toy cameras because most of lomography cameras are DIY (such as the pin hole) or made of plastic. The lens is also fixed and is made of plastic too! The plastic material of the lens creates vignettes, scratches and blurs thus creating that grunge effect! Every lomo cam has a personality of its own! You can try holga, diana or the lomo LCA and mix and match with various films! It produces very interesting colors and every frame is never the same!

Comment

Hello The Lumberjack, the problem is that you won't have the good material that was once sold, I think you will have hard time finding good films at a good price, I would have encouraged you to do so 5 years ago but with today's technology, I don't know but keep us posted on results
                  We provide all kinds of quality Solo Cigars

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X