Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers NYC - yeah i am learning quickly that the camera is very limited. at the mo i can't afford to splash out so a film SLR may well be the way to go.

To be honest though it does take some really nice shots but as for leaving the shutter open for effect etc. i can't do it.

In most cases i can do what i need to do in PS to get the requirerd effect. but it's not the same is it.
    cheers for the advice dude.
    www.kerryrowberry.com

Comment

Easy Color Correction

I'll show you how to quickly and easily color correct photos without getting to complicated. It works for the Photoshop gurus and all the way down to the Photoshop novices. I use it regularly and I'm somewhere in the middle.

Take this sample photo I took of a squirrel.

It's ok, but the colors aren't very rich. There is a slight color mask over it.

Go to Image> Adjustments > Levels and you should have something like this.

First we are going to use the eye droppers in the lower corner.

The first one is for the darkest region, second for you midtones, and lastly for you brightest white. We're going to use the darkest one and the lightest one.

Next you have to find what is suppose to be the whitest white in your photo and the darkest dark, like a shadow. We're going to use to remove the mask and set a "high" "low" for the picture.

For my photo the darkest black will be in the squirrel's eye and the white in the sky behind him.

Less be more.

Comment

Now, you just grab the first (black) eye dropper in the levels and click on your darkest dark. You do the reverse for the last (white) eye dropper. Click "OK" and BAM!

Photoshop did all the work for you. All you had to do was identify the darkest dark and the whitest white. The photo is richer and more crisp. It has alot more depth and it was quick and easy to remember unlike other methods. This method relies less on your feel or knowledge of color.

There are limitations to this method, but it is fairly powerful for the time it takes. You can run into problems where you don't have a good black or good white or both.
        Less be more.

Comment

Poor mans macro

You need:
          - A digital compact camera
          - A SLR-lens (preferable a 50mm)
          - Some kind of home-made setup to make it stay in correct positions

On your compact camera, zoom as much as you can. Arrange the camera and the SLR-lens to be aligned so that the compact is "seeing" into the lens. The trick is to have the SLR-lens backwards when in front of the compact camera. Move your desired object against the 50mm rear end until it get's sharp.

It's over a year ago since I tested this, but it worked fine. I used a Canon Powershot A520 and an old Praktica 50mm lens. The images are resized and Unsharp Masked, unless other things are stated.

The side of a match box.

A pencil

A ruler.

100% crop of the image over.

Comment

thanks so much for this post for someone whoís interested in learning more about photojourn / events / wedding photography, your site has been very helpful! it was the main reason as to why i decided to get my first prime lens (35mm f/1.8). now that iíve tried it i canít think of going back. actually, i love primes and went to the point of selling my kit and other variable aperture lens. unfortunately though, iím still struggling with obtaining my own f/2.8 as theyíre too expensive. do you have other lens that you think is affrodable and at the same time, would be a good walkaround lens (besides the f2.8s)? iím using a D90 and currently contemplating on whether i should get a 50mm f1.4G or the 85mm f1.8. i want a medium tele that will do the job during low lights and natural lighting.
            anyway, thanks for discussing . now iíve learned something and iím planning to apply it in my next captures. cheers and please continue sharing your thoughts to us. i would love to learn more on wedding photog from someone who is as good as you.

Comment

thanks so much for this nice tips regarding image color balancing, i need to know what we do when a image has its very dark color presence in it, i tried to balance it many times but can't get the best results.

i hope i will get solution of it here.

Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing your information about this post and from your post I got so much useful knowledge and please keep share this type of information.........

Comment

Quick Guide to Manual Settings in Photography

After loads of reading & researching when i 1st got into dlsr photography, i decided i needed to have something like this handy in my camera bag until i get to grips with it all. So i put this together & thought i'd share it too.

Comment

Nice little guide jimmygtr.

If you want to use an external flash mounted on the hot shoe of your camera, you might experience severe shadows being cast from the subject you are shooting if you point the flash directly at it. Two easy ways to fix this problem:

1. If you are shooting indoors, or somewhere with a ceiling - point the flash up towards the ceiling and make the light from the flash bounce off before it hits the subject.

2. Make your own softbox. Here's one of many guides online:
                    http://www.fredmiranda.com/A18/

I made one many years ago, and here's the result:

Without the softbox:

With the softbox:

Comment

Thanks you for tutorial.

Comment

it is sug

it is strongly recommended which you preserve tinkering with a number of differerent net promotional techniques available on the web along with determine for yourself to discover just how the yahoo and google are usually reacting for a search engine optimization procedures. As opposed to being stated frequently as a light loath Search engine optimization or possibly a black hat SEO advertising and marketing to get classified a very good Website positioning. the specific spam online marketer even now obtains your commission repayment. a topic providing water gap in your internet browser could voice nearly anything idea your dark colored hatter on-line requirements someone to check out. {This is because|For the reason that|{The reason being|It is because|For the reason that|This is due to|Simply because|The reason is , And so seek the services of a good Seo company which will practiced each one of the White-colored Overhead Web page placing ways to your blog so that you can boost these folks. Your conjoined fashioned {prevent the|avoid the|stop the|steer clear of the|stay away from the|pun intended. the actual black color leopard and also the brown leafy leopard. right here you donrrrt need so as to absolutely everyone aid simply because each one of attributes hat are available on your personal computer it is possible to go with every final decision simply by someone phone snapback new era hats. You can get a variety of lids and also truck caps are available which will {not merely|not only|not only|but not only|Thousands of {feet|ft|toes|foot|legs|ft . When you require to experience a video document of most things that only a portable {hidden|concealed|invisible|undetectable|disguised . the expression key word we have stowed won't capable of being noticed in track record. It would a lot like {hidden|concealed|invisible|undetectable|disguised . when written text dyed just like track record. Almost all site marketing expert services are generally ethical into their techniques and does not try and work with black hat Website positioning. in an effort to uncover the google investigation bumblebees. your blog gets profoundly reprimanded merely by many people. 1 search for a store pick the cap in accordance with option or one could simply purchase a terrific way to on the net. Training videos photos certainly are a special attractive force within the web page. Such a topless sunlight loath may very well be worn to help official situations similar to a their tea social gathering or even to your contests. A face shield kind topless sunrays hat may very well be donned through equally genders.|secret},White and Black crown Web optimization Web optimization (Web-site SEO) can be a extremely productive way to get targeted traffic to your blog Although this tends to make you appear improved delightful.Crown while favorite item Truck caps are acknowledged to be seen as his / her design and style Of these utilities usually are defensive scope. The majority of are usually given pertaining to person work with for the utmost safety. Aside from, this halloween and so forth. First of all, Maybe you might be a individual who pays a lot more focus on the practical price of the thing, s . there|these days there|currently there}} for anyone just simply in the event it probably the most vital marketplace want any kind of storage space or room. The black hat approaches are the types which might be utilized to gain quick strengths from the search engines like bing. The only things that will help the individuals around bridging the net will be the search engines obey snapback hats. Located in New york. compared to the Canal currently, you can be certain that can what you're really genuinely showing off is made of our prime excellent elements. Through the straightforward genesis using Alessandria, does your ex firm be capable to sustain a feasible enterprise while using most competitive price ranges? Or else, even though a compelling root cause of rejecting somebody ({i actually|we all|when i|when i|i personally|{i personally|personally, During this sound judgment nhl snapback hats,|2 .Related articles: il|Detroit|Dallas|Chicago This is becauseS however in|in|playing with|yet

Comment

Hello members!

I give you next good stuff into your photo library - website PictureFrog.
                          You can download here photos for absolutely free (both personal & commercial use without atribution). Each week new pieces, so enjoy and if u like, share it :-)

Thank you very much!

Comment

See there at the given link and learn how to take professional-looking photographs using these simple tips and digital photography techniques.
                            http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009...aphy-round-up/
                            Last edited by jacobjosi; 10-15-2015, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I just wanna add to all comments some words
                              1. Donít buy very expensive equipment right away.
                              2. Consider a tripod.
                              3. Make a list of shots youíd like to get.
                              4. Take advantage of free resources to learn.
                              5. Experiment with your cameraís settings.
                              6. Take photos regularly.

Comment

Zombie thread.
                                Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
                                  Comment on Flyer Crtitique
                                  HotButton
                                  It's just what I call it when people use an expression that actually says or means the opposite of what is intended; ''could care less'' would be another prime example.
                                  Yesterday, 11:44 PM
                                • B
                                  Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                  B
                                  That makes sense, I guess. Off is the inverse of on, which makes based off the inverse of based on. Got it. ...
                                  Yesterday, 08:50 PM
                                • B
                                  Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                  B
                                  Okay, I know what a colloquialism is, but what is an inverse colloquialism?

Probrien, in addition to HotButton's comments, which I agree with, the ad is a bit confusing. Maybe it's lacking...
                                  Yesterday, 08:48 PM
                                • PrintDriver
                                  Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                  PrintDriver
                                  ''Based off'' is inverse of ''based on.'' ''Based on'' is a colloquialism.
                                  I think.
                                  I have not had enough to drink to play this game.

o O
                                  Yesterday, 08:27 PM
                                • pobrien
                                  Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                                  pobrien
                                  Thanks for the feedback. That all makes a lot of sense. I'll take these points and re-work things....
                                  Yesterday, 04:06 PM
                                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X