Canon T3i or an original Canon 5D?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon T3i or an original Canon 5D?

The T3i (600D) has more megapixels and is brand new but has a cropped sensor.
    The 5D is a professional camera but is quite old.
    I can get them for a round $500 each.

Just talking quality, which would be better?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_5D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_600D

Personally I would probably go for the Full Frame, is the 5D the original 5D or is it a newer release of it (MarkII)? Assuming they are both used, how much use have they seen? Are you looking at bodies only or is there glass involved in the deal?

While the ISO range is better on the 600D I would expect that the performance at the higher end would get pretty grainy so the usable range is probably close to the same.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Thanks.
      600D is brand new and the 5D is an original the seems to be lightly used as it's a camera at a design studio that pretty much just used it in house.

Comment

I would like to introduce
        My name is Thai, Vietnam nationality, engaged to learn, very passionate about photography. canon 5d and I found a very good use. I do not have the money to buy it, but I enjoyed it, I would save money and buy it

Comment

I just snagged a T3i ...jumping up from Canon's point 'n' shoots so it shouldn't be a problem. It goes into service next week for a client's product shots (sporting goods) and for my own pet project of an in-studio video!

I've been constructing concept scenes for this quick vid for a while ... just waiting for the right deal to come along.

Comment

Quality wise, there is no comparison between the two. The 5D would always win over a consumer DSLR. Does the 5D come with a lens and if so, what one? For $500 i would assume it's just the body. The choice is really yours and also depends as to how you want to use it. If your into studio work, or landscapes then i would consider the 5D. But if you want an all round camera, especially if your new to photography with SLR's, then i most likely go with the T3i. Oh, wait a minute, i id buy the T3i when it first come out & still have it and to be honest for my needs it's just perfect (although i want the 7D next). It makes me laugh a little bit when i hear people say "but" it has a cropped sensor as for me and my opinion, they have benefits for new-comer or someone that doesn't have a big budget to buy all the lens we all want. I personally like the aspect of having a cropped sensor, reason for saying this. I have the standard kit lens 55-250 so in effect with the cropped sensor, i really have 400 when zoomed in which gives me the added benefit especially when taking photographs of the moon. Like everythign, this is down to choice and really what you want to get into.

Comment

Oooh, can you upgrade. If so I would do 5D MkII. You can find used bodies for good prices, and between the video and its capabilities, its my go too.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X