Camera bag suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera bag suggestion

I have a Tamrac Velocity 9x-5769 Camera Bag. But I find it quite bulky for day-to-day use. I want a bag which is quite handy as I love doing street photography.

Can you suggest me camera bag of that requirement?

I have a Nikon D5100 with Kit lens and a 35mm lens. I plan to carry only one lens that too already attached when using the bag.

I have a Nikon and a camera bag. To be honest, I thought I would use it all the time, but I just use a regular handbag now so that I can store not just my camera, but my every day stuff. If you're not carrying a selection of lenses, there is no need to carry a dedicated camera bag.

I'm not sure if you're a man or a woman, but Jo Totes does some great camera bags for ladies that don't scream "Hey! I'm a camera bag!!!". They have adjustable interior pads and plenty of pockets.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Buda, I've been doing the same thing now. Using a messenger bag to carry by camera. But it doesn't have any padding at all which at times would be nice to have. That's the main thing I'm looking for. I small bag, easy to care with some padding.

Comment

You could always buy or make padding inserts.

I'm pretty rough with my camera. I throw a scarf in my bag and call it a day
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Wow! I do the same thing. I used a scarf too. :P But then I saw in some blog that the fibres of the scarf can go into the lens. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

Comment

I have this sideload bag, http://www.costco.ca/National-Geogra...100013231.html
            I absolutely love it, and it's inexpensive and I have had zero issues with it. The only thing I don't like about it is that it isn't waterproof, BUT, it does come with a rain bag that stows easily into one little compartment so all is not lost.

If you're not carrying around a couple lenses and a few different filters then I might suggest something like the JOBY sling strap http://joby.com/camera-straps
            Design is not decoration.

Comment

The bag you have there isn't something I'm looking for. And I don't want to use the strap because the primary reason I want a bag is to not let people know that I'm carry a camera with me.

Something like this would be great: http://www.lowepro.com/passport-messenger

But if possible small and less expensive. I'm sure there is a bag like that out there.

Comment

• kemingMatters
                kemingMatters commented
                Editing a comment
                No worries, that bag ticks all of the boxes you mentioned though, it's extremely easy to put away and retrieve your camera as it rotates to sit like a messenger bag except the flap opens the opposite way so you can use both hands to retrieve your kit. I climb trees with it on my back and I've never had to worry about my gear getting in my way.

Fits my D71K, 18-105mm, 35mm, an assortment of filters, tripod (on the exterior) and some personal items with room to spare. It may not be the look you are going for but it's a comfortable bag that is great value for money. I would suggest trying one on before you rule it out.

I'll surely check out the bag. The thing is last time I got it online and now it doesn't seem like a good idea to me. So I think I'll try and get my hands on it first and then buy it.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                PanToshi
                Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 03:46 PM
              • PanToshi
                Reply to Looking for comments
                PanToshi
                Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                Today, 03:46 PM
              • PanToshi
                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                PanToshi
                Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 03:40 PM
              • HotButton
                Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                HotButton
                There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
                Today, 03:36 PM
              • pobrien
                Flyer Crtitique
                pobrien
                Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
                Today, 01:12 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X