stock photography (series or sets)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock photography (series or sets)

I'm trying to find stock photography that is organized into sets or a series. I would like to find a series of images that share the same theme, and want to AVOID a group of shots of just one object taken from different perspectives. Obviously the look and feel of each image would be identical, to create the feeling of a series. Any suggestions as to where I might might this? Thanks! W.

it's all in how you write your search string. Then it's all in how you select your objects. Stock sites don't do this for you, though some sites are set up with some over-arching themes. They'll contain thousands of photos though.

For instance, the way I would do it:
    Let's say I want a bunch of isolated bee images that look like a series
    1. I'd go to a stock site and do a search for: Bee Isolated
    2. I'd find one bee I like.
    3. I'd search the photographer's name and take a quick look if he or she has more than one bee image.
    4. Then I do a further scope-in using the search function under that photographer's name. Sometimes you get lucky, if they are a prolific photographer.

As a random result, this is what I ended up with. This was a totally random, first pick result. As I said, sometimes you get lucky.

http://www.123rf.com/profile_alekss?word=bees&imgtype=0

Another:
    http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery-308029p1.html

Or here is one of search term: child with birthday balloons
    http://www.123rf.com/profile_svetaor...oons&imgtype=0

Is this what you mean?
    Or is this what you are trying to avoid?

Can you give us a for-instance of what you consider a series?
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 05-16-2016, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Quietleader and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Sorry, the shutterstock link above should be:
        http://www.shutterstock.com/portfoli...method=popular

Comment

Hi PrintDriver,

Thank you for your rapid response and helpful suggestions.

I should have provided an example to help clarify what I am looking for. So here is a "for-instance." In this case it is a series or collection of photographs taken by Ansel Adams:

http://shop.anseladams.com/v/vspfile.../5010200-2.jpg

Notice that the object or perspective is always different, but you can tell all of the photos are taken in the same place and they all have the same emotional feel (partly because they're all black and white).

Is it possible to find stock photography that is organized into this type of series or collection?

Thanks again!
          W.

Comment

You sort of answered your own question and you did pretty much what I did. You isolated a photographer by name.
            My additional steps of using the stock sites to find an image in the theme I am searching only starts the process and gives you some names.

There are probably 100s of sites out there that are not stock sites but are actually single photographers licensing their own stock. I work with several that do the stuff my clients are interested in.

But I can't honestly think of a site that sorts by ''look''.
            But really it's all about keywords.
            Sometimes it's about a photographer's special interest.

You might give Nat Geo Creative a try. Most of their stuff is organized by photographer, even though the site searches like a normal stock site.
            Not knowing what your end purpose is, you might find their stuff a bit spendy. But superb. I wish I had clients with budgets that could afford it more often.
            http://www.natgeocreative.com/ngs/
            Last edited by PrintDriver; 05-17-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Craig B
              Reply to Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
              Craig B
              I think what you described is fairly typical of most jobs. I'm not saying it's identical but I do web design, email design, interactive apps, collateral, booth graphics, signage, posters, advertising,...
              Today, 10:46 AM
            • Colton819
              Reply to Getting a image ready for print
              Colton819
              So I tried doing Pantone colors but obviously they just couldn’t match close enough. The image I posted is actually a vector format I created a raster format then converted to vector in illustrator. I...
              Today, 08:47 AM
            • leaagg
              Help me explaining my job in my portfolio!
              leaagg
              Hello,

I am a French designer working for a Turkish company (in turkey).
              I am now currently working on my updated portfolio because my main goal is QUIT !! The working conditions in...
              Today, 07:57 AM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Tours Travel company logo, what do you think?
              PrintDriver
              Do people still use QR codes?
              Two phones ago I downloaded an app just to check that a client's QR code was linking properly when printed. 4 years later now, and that app has never been used again....
              Today, 07:06 AM
            • PrintDriver
              Comment on Getting a image ready for print
              PrintDriver
              Way too much sharing there, hank..........
              Today, 06:51 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X