Please help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help...

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to graphic design and photoshop. I need some advice on how to create pictures with music notes spread all over the image. Is there an easy way of doing this? I noticed that photoshop has brushes that can be downloaded. Would this work? Eg attached. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Hi Inna, welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

If it were me, I'd use Illustrator, not Photoshop for the top and bottom ones. The middle one's something of a mystery due to the complexity of all the notes that seem to be largely individually placed with varying degrees of density. A custom brush might be a possibility, but I don't know. It just might be a matter of painstakingly arranging all those notes, in which case you'd need to somehow avoid ending up with about a billion layers. Illustrator would be my choice on the others for, both, scalability and ease of use in moving the notes around. I suppose you could do much the same in Photoshop using smart objects, but I wouldn't.

Comment

Thank you B. So in illustrator I'd have to create each note separately?

Comment

The author has it listed in the stock site as vector art, so I'd agree that it is likely Illustrator, not photoshop. And yes, each note looks like it has been created and placed to me.

https://www.fotolia.com/id/91364646
          Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

That author is quite prolific!
            14,750 pieces on Fotolia?
            Wonder what the ROI is on the time spent?

Comment

Wow that looks like lots of work. Is it possible to create a custom brush in photoshop or illustrator?

Comment

It's always possible to create a brush in Illustrator or Photoshop. But how much work do you think is going to go into making a brush compared to placing and rotating musical notes.

Even better, why don't you pay the person for the stock art and use that? It's a whole $14.
                Saves time to do other work.

Comment

Not sure about how to create a brush either. I'm hoping there is one already made so I could download and use. I need to create a number of images and add the notes as illustration.

Comment

well first, you have a good sense, its a beautiful and clever design.
                    how to do it? with my knowledge I'm only for photoshop.
                    you need to draw or find a musical vector, silhouette.
                    2.make them a vector.
                    3.save them as brush.
                    4.in photoshop, press F5 the brush setting will come. [I'm not sure what version you using but I'm usising PS6.]
                    5.play setting in shape dynamics, scattering, dual brush, spacing % , if you have another musical note.
                    6. draw the way you want.

Comment

Thank you clovoler
                      I don't have Photoshop yet so I'm weighing up whether to download it or use Illustrator's music font as someone suggested on FB. Haven't much experience with either yet, but will give it a go! What would be easier?

Comment

How to make a brush in Illustrator:
                        http://bfy.tw/74sW

Comment

Originally posted by clovoler View Post
                          well first, you have a good sense, its a beautiful and clever design.
                          how to do it? with my knowledge I'm only for photoshop.
                          you need to draw or find a musical vector, silhouette.
                          2.make them a vector.
                          3.save them as brush.
                          4.in photoshop, press F5 the brush setting will come. [I'm not sure what version you using but I'm usising PS6.]
                          5.play setting in shape dynamics, scattering, dual brush, spacing % , if you have another musical note.
                          6. draw the way you want.

Hi Clovoler and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by Inna View Post
                            Thank you clovoler
                            I don't have Photoshop yet so I'm weighing up whether to download it or use Illustrator's music font as someone suggested on FB. Haven't much experience with either yet, but will give it a go! What would be easier?
                            ​For me its photoshop, which can be done in 5min or quicker.
                            I can't actually tell u which its most easiest way,
                            because I dint use other software yet for the moment,

therefore you can try is illustrator, usually art like this would
                            be done with em..

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X